C&RT Seize Pensioners Boat 27th March

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

(snip)

27-3-2018-Tony-eviction-River-Lea1.jpg

(snip)

Can I ask where the photo is from? I haven't seen it on the NBTA Farcebok group, or on the appeal site. Is that the boat on its mooring, before being removed?

13 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation and I doubt anyone here really knows the history of who did what to who the poor sod shouldn't have been left on the towpath with his possessions stacked around him

Would you prefer he was put up in a 5 star hotel instead?

He knew full well what the result of having an unlicensed and uninsured boat would be.

13 hours ago, tree monkey said:

As a minimum social services should have been there but then again I'm one of those hippy idealists that thinks that no one should be left like this

Do you also believe that some people should be left not paying for licence and insurance?

5 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Would you prefer he was put up in a 5 star hotel instead?

He knew full well what the result of having an unlicensed and uninsured boat would be.

Do you also believe that some people should be left not paying for licence and insurance?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

• Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

So you would rather they just left these idiots to their own devices then and sod it to the rules And everyone else's safety.

Well. At least we know where you stand now. Is your boat fully legal? 

22 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Expecto Patronum! 

Your patron awaits.

• Greenie 1

21 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Expecto Patronum! 

?

According to the internet (as my O level Latin is far to rusty to translate it) this means "I await a Guardian". You could be waiting some time, today is a bank holiday so I don't think it's published until tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Wingardium Leviosa!

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Ah, someone who speaks my language,although I'm not sure flying will help. 

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Fluently :D

Ahhh - great - another one to join the 'Gibberish Club', if you keep going you'll also be able to join the "eeeeejuts" sub-committee 

32 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

So you would rather they just left these idiots to their own devices then and sod it to the rules And everyone else's safety.

Well. At least we know where you stand now. Is your boat fully legal? 

Your patron awaits.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

It says in the bargee traveller thingy that he has been found a temporary boat to live on and also storage for his stuff, also that the 'new boat fund' has reached £1,600, I'll hazard a guess that the whole ensemble will end up the same as this last lot but the fact is that in a population of millions there are always people like this, people who cannot live like the majority, people who just about stay alive living on cat food and alcohol or crack and petty crime or people who are suffering from mental health issues. I have a son with Aspergers, he's great and a brilliant musician and highly intelligent but if left to his own devices there's no way his car would have an MOT or insurance or any bills would be paid, he could so easily fall into a spiral leading to living in a cardboard box. Walk a mile in someone elses shoes as they say. (Can't do this in latin I'm afraid, will French do?)

• Greenie 1

46 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Are you calling for help for me or you?

:)

45 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I thought it might cover us both! 

Looks like it still working, but not sure how much longer it will hold! 

• Greenie 1