Sorry again all but thoughts on this boat please?

Matt&Jo

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Not a chance we arnt that boring and still fit...........ish. No something has come up where I may have to swop boats but decision will be made by the weekend.

That’s a relief I thought the world really had gone mad.. best wishes whatever 

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Nah - he's a Brexit turncoat, he's been offered this Hotel boat (Pa nache)in France and now wants to move over there with all 'EU rights and privileges'.

Image result for french boat panache

Nice innitt :D

5 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The last person to use a public phone box to make a phone call however, did it in abut 2004. 

N

I don't know who he was, but he wasn't the last. I last, as far as I recall, used one in December 2017 to call at  taxi from the station.

8 hours ago, Matt&Jo said:

They never bothered with reply to our offer.....guess thats  big old no......were off bk to crick tommorow to take a second look at our lady richmond again.

That's bad practice on their behalf. Call them, get an answer, if no as suspected, then put in asking price offer, if accepted then no more communication with them. Just ignore them. I gather they never contacted the owner, which is also bad practice. Are they members of some sort of broker association. Report them. This is so disrespectful to you.

Good luck at ABNB.

I assumed you were joking when they said:

"We put in the offer there was laughing  and a we will put it forward..... but let me tell ya its not likely...." 

When you put in your offer. Sounds like a broker to definitely avoid. 

Edited by rusty69

So what happened was we called them and put forward an offer of 65k boat was 79......they then called back and said yes they will take your 75k offer...we said sorry we offered 65k not 75k....they said oh okay they are unlikely to accept but we must put the offer forward as we are obliged to. Since that no return call. Broker seem accomodating just not great at getting back to us.....

Never mind, 2nd viewing of our lady richmond today.

How much work is fitting a thetford casette toilet? Id like a flushing loo really not a blue chemical flushing cheapo jobby

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I assumed you were joking when they said:

"We put in the offer there was laughing and a we will put it forward..... but let me tell ya its not likely...." 

When you put in your offer. Sounds like a broker to definitely avoid. 

Do we know which broker this is? Large echoes here of my experience trying to get Whilton to put forward my low-ish offer on a boat to the owner. They maintained there was a threshold below which they had a policy of not passing on low offers.

Perhaps its the same with this broker. There may have been a conversation with the owner along the lines of "What is the absolute lowest price you'll sell for? We won't bother you with pointless offers below this threshold". Insulating oneself from the public and having to field stupidly low offers is one of the reasons sellers use a broker. 

Failing to return with a response IS pure bad manners, professionally though. 

Another problem with making a low offer is your offer can provide a floor. Imagine if until your offer there were none. Now yours comes in. Now any pro-active broker is quite likely to be on the phone to all previous viewers telling them they have a low offer of £X, which the seller is minded to accept, and inviting the viewer to bung in a slightly higher offer. Conducting an auction like this can take a while, and is actually acting in the sellers best interests.

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

They maintained there was a threshold below which they had a policy of not passing on low offers.

If that were the case, they could have said so when the offer was put in. 

The broker in question has been named in this thread 

Just now, rusty69 said:

If that were the case, they could have said so when the offer was put in. 

The broker in question has been named in this thread 

C'mon, do you expect me to trawl through 169 posts looking for it? 

You can't remember who either, can you!

22 minutes ago, Matt&Jo said:

So what happened was we called them and put forward an offer of 65k boat was 79......they then called back and said yes they will take your 75k offer...we said sorry we offered 65k not 75k....they said oh okay they are unlikely to accept but we must put the offer forward as we are obliged to. Since that no return call. Broker seem accomodating just not great at getting back to us.....

Never mind, 2nd viewing of our lady richmond today.

How much work is fitting a thetford casette toilet? Id like a flushing loo really not a blue chemical flushing cheapo jobby

Installing a Thetford cassette is straight forward as long as you have space to get the cassette out, somewhere to put the flush water feed in (if it is a connected flush unit) and a 12v power source.

The only space we had to enable the cassette removal was through a bulk head in to a kitchen cupboard which the previous owners had a washing machine in. We don't mind that but some people may disapprove.