Scary Moment in York

Midnight

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Victor Vectis said:

What beers are on the wickets in the Steamboat?

I had to laugh when I went in there last August as they had an IoW beer (Earl's RDA, Island Brewery) on.

:cheers:

Just come out of there two minutes ago. I had guinness:lol:

Well, I am unapologetically a fair weather boater. I plan to migrate north in the summer, bird-like, from the Canaries back to my boat in Staffs. Probably sometime in May, weather permitting.

Searching for reassurance about the warm, balmy summer to come, I chance upon this thread – rain, rain and maybe warmer rain :angry2:. Part of my primitive belief system is that we will influence the weather by our confidence (or otherwise) in it, so please stop convincing it to rain!

I have to state, categorically, that there will be a fine, warm summer this year. There will be enough rain (in the early hours on some days) to maintain water levels. No rising rivers and flood warnings. If not, those expressing views to the contrary must shoulder the blame for talking-up the rain!

17 hours ago, Marshian said:

Well, I am unapologetically a fair weather boater. I plan to migrate north in the summer, bird-like, from the Canaries back to my boat in Staffs. Probably sometime in May, weather permitting.

Searching for reassurance about the warm, balmy summer to come, I chance upon this thread – rain, rain and maybe warmer rain :angry2:. Part of my primitive belief system is that we will influence the weather by our confidence (or otherwise) in it, so please stop convincing it to rain!

I have to state, categorically, that there will be a fine, warm summer this year. There will be enough rain (in the early hours on some days) to maintain water levels. No rising rivers and flood warnings. If not, those expressing views to the contrary must shoulder the blame for talking-up the rain!

Its not my fault. My signature told everybody that summer started on the first of march but everyone extracted the urine so their bad vibes have made it like it is. I have had to adjust my signature because of this.

52 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Its not my fault. My signature told everybody that summer started on the first of march but everyone extracted the urine so their bad vibes have made it like it is. I have had to adjust my signature because of this.

28 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

I think we had summer for a couple of days last week.

Mr Smelly; Nightwatch; j'accuse!

1 minute ago, Nightwatch said:

I can't speak German!!

It's Fringlish :)

7 minutes ago, Midnight said:

90 degrees in the shade here in York, river levels low, getting a sun tan, free beer in all the pubs ----"wake up Frank it's time to get up"

Shangri-lala land?

43 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Oh I see now. Typical, my fault. I'm used to it on Happy Ship Nightwatch. We will probably have a late summer in June,July and August. That's my prediction.

:clapping:That'll do nicely!

On 01/04/2018 at 05:18, frangar said:

York is really crying out for some better “flood proof” visitor moorings. Even at normal water levels the moorings at Museum Gardens leave a lot to be desired. 

There is about a mile of navigable River Foss in York but little space to moor. It is relatively flood proof (unless the Foss barrier fails like it did last year) The only problem is that once the Ouse starts to rise... which it can do very quicklly, the Foss Barrier is shut preventing boats accessing The Foss. Ideally, a flood lock and some mooring is required. That would mean boaters would have a safe bolthole between Selby & Linton.

3 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Oh I see now. Typical, my fault. I'm used to it on Happy Ship Nightwatch. We will probably have a late summer in June,July and August. That's my prediction.

Last week in July first week in August will be scorching hot. :D

2 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Certainly wasn't Liam, (nice name). Let him steer Nightwatch once, that was enough. Sadly no longer young. 

Ill bet hes considerably younger than you :lol:

• Haha 1