"Where do I get the compost?"

MtB

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The London Boaters facebook group comes up with some cracking newbie boater questions sometimes but tonight has excelled iteself. A potential newbie boater doing her diligent research has just asked "where do I get the compost from, to put in a composting toilet?"

Some of the replies so far have been a bit blunt, but I had to smile! :D 

i dont do farcebook but with eeejuts like that on it I may just join for the wind up :D

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

A potential boating business there. Selling compost to boaters.

Particularly if you yourself have a composting bog.....

When it is time to empty it, simply sell the contents to a neighbouring boater to put in theirs!

14 minutes ago, Mike on the Wey said:

Another great current LB thread is a plan to put proposals to CaRT to place barges on the offside with rubbish bins ... which then evolved to include Elsan tanks. No-one has pointed out that the offside is usually in non-CaRT ownership.

And CRT would need road access to empty them, unless they bring a tug to tow them to somewhere suitable every time they are emptied.

15 minutes ago, Mike on the Wey said:

Another great current LB thread is a plan to put proposals to CaRT to place barges on the offside with rubbish bins ... which then evolved to include Elsan tanks. No-one has pointed out that the offside is usually in non-CaRT ownership.

That sounds like a good idea.  CRT could then move the service boats a couple of miles every week or two :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

That sounds like a good idea.  CRT could then move the service boats a couple of miles every week or two :D

A COUPLE OF MILES......................every week or two:o thats a hell of a way to travel for a genuine London ccer innitt?

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

Only if you don't wrap up warm!

IMG_0071.JPG

That's awfully good knitting - they've even done a little crew neck affair around the withers!  Rubbish fashion sense though - no wonder you don't see those little ponies in London: they'd simply die of embarrassment, darling. :D

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1