Make of Narrow Boat

Donyh1

Featured Posts

good evening and thanks for adding me , i have just got myself a small 30foot narrow boat i would like any info on it please ! all i know is that it has a sabe engine and was on the manchester canal in 2015 here are some pics just in case some one can tell me the make Etc thanks for your help in adavance

Don 

IMG_6255.JPG

IMG_6254.JPG

There doesn't appear to be any 30 foot steel boat registered under the name 'cloud 9'

Nearest would appear to be a 40 footer.

Cloud 9 Built by Fenmatch Ltd - Length : 12.19 metres ( 40 feet ) - Beam : 2.07 metres ( 6 feet 9 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 20 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 68143 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Edited by Alan de Enfield

hi alan i do b elife it was up on the bridgewater canal for some time and its original name was JOE and the index was B2082 if that helps i would if i could gather as much info as i can than ks again 

11 minutes ago, Donyh1 said:

hi alan i do b elife it was up on the bridgewater canal for some time and its original name was JOE and the index was B2082 if that helps i would if i could gather as much info as i can than ks again 

I don't think Bridgewater registrations are in the public domain.

34 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

It's a pretty little boat (I like the dickey seat)

No, it's bigger than that, you could sit your whole bum on it.

I assume you mean the box with the red top; would this not be for the batteries?

is there any way i can find out when was the last time this boat was lifted out the water and hull checked as i was told it was two years ago by the previous owner but had no paperwork ! is there anyone on here who is up on the Bridgewater canal that might have seen her, she went by the name of JOE and her index number was B2082 but last registered in 2016 thanks 

27 minutes ago, Donyh1 said:

is there any way i can find out when was the last time this boat was lifted out the water and hull checked as i was told it was two years ago by the previous owner but had no paperwork ! is there anyone on here who is up on the Bridgewater canal that might have seen her, she went by the name of JOE and her index number was B2082 but last registered in 2016 thanks 

Can’t the previous owner remember where he had her lifted out?  If he can then ask the guys involved. 

Edited by WotEver
Autoincorrect

• 3 years later...

i own this boat but dont know much about it becuse the company does not exist anymore and you posted a picture of the boat that was in a 1982 magazine , and wondered if you know any more pictures / info on her thanks Don

The boat Joe was owned by a guy named Ron who was a fender maker and was based at the BMBC (Bridgewater Motor Boat Club) in Runcorn.

Unfortunately after Ron passed away the boat passed to a family member who started to commence a refit and for one reason or another never finished. The boat was located under the Waterloo Bridge (known locally as Top Locks) for a couple of years, looking rather abandoned and sorry for itself, covered in pigeon muck and other assorted gunge.

By this point the boat was offered for sale at a very high price being quite clearly a project, but eventually did sell and was lifted from the water and relocated elsewhere by road.

In the "glory" days, Ron practically lived on the boat, or at least used it extensively and was usually found up and down the Bridgewater of a weekend etc.

To my knowledge since Ron's passing to the point of Sale it wasn't docked at all, and although not an originally thick hull, was for from being in good condition. It will probably need plating work sooner rather than later.

4 hours ago, Donyh1 said:

Liam thank you so much for all this info , i dont suppose there are any pictures of her anywhere , and yes i had to have a complete new hull fitted 2 years ago but she is a supper little boat .

I've been racking my brain to think of the previous owners name, and it has finally come to me. Ron Long.

I have no pictures of the boat unfortunately, I've had a quick Google online and nothing relevant is showing up.

Just out of interest, do you have a recent picture of the boat? It would be nice to see it again.