Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Duplicate post

16 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

My muvver showed me this when I was a bratt. She wrote it differently though:

YY U R

YY U B

I C U R 

YY 4 ME

My Gran told it to me when I was little - but this is the first I've heard it since then. :)

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

My mum didn't tell me, she wrote it down in the format I gave, then invited me to read it and make sense of it!

Yup - It was one of those "see if you can work that one out " in the vane hope she could sit me down and shut me up for a moment. :D

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm now wondering weather it worked...

:giggles:

Knowing me - probably not!

E.T.A  The best policy was usually to tell me to find me something else to do somewhere else - fortunately I'm very good at that.

Edited by Tumshie

2 hours ago, Tumshie said:

Knowing me - probably not!

E.T.A  The best policy was usually to tell me to find me something else to do somewhere else - fortunately I'm very good at that.

Did Mikes quote there go over your head Tumsh? :)

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oi Tundish, don’t you call ME a vain!

I had to google that

"The Tundish is a plastic cup which hooks on to the pressure relief valve. Its job is to catch the drips from the Pressure Relief Valve, and it is also a water trap to prevent any unpleasant odours escaping from the sink waste"

10 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I had to google that

"The Tundish is a plastic cup which hooks on to the pressure relief valve. Its job is to catch the drips from the Pressure Relief Valve, and it is also a water trap to prevent any unpleasant odours escaping from the sink waste"

That's it!

And "Tumsh" is a misspelled contraction of tundish I reckon, and not a bog potato at all!

• Horror 1

12 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I had to google that

Don’t be silly.

A tun is a measure of liquid equal to four hogs heads. 

Ergo a tundish must be a very large dish, capable of holding four hogs heads of ale...

• Haha 1

It was an absolute delight to meet Dan, Vikki and the ineffable MrSmelly (who looks amazingly like his avatar, albeit somewhat less dark haired!) a few days ago. Definately the smartest, cleanest dry dock on the system. Good luck with the 'Knobstick' project Dan.

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

18 minutes ago, Pennine said:

It was an absolute delight to meet Dan, Vikki and the ineffable MrSmelly (who looks amazingly like his avatar, albeit somewhat less dark haired!) a few days ago. Definately the smartest, cleanest dry dock on the system. Good luck with the 'Knobstick' project Dan.

I die much of my hair grey nowadays B) :cheers:

47 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

That's it!

And "Tumsh" is a misspelled contraction of tundish I reckon, and not a bog potato at all!

Oh here, wait a minute, did you just call me a funnel? :o

And I'm not a tattie!

59 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I had to google that

Or a stinky U-bend!

:rolleyes: With friends like you lot.......

Edited by Tumshie