Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Jennifer McM

April/May Thames cruising from Brentford, to Oxford

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, pete harrison said:

With the Thames being on Red Boards throughout, and going over here and there and with more rain forecast my trip has just been postponed until early May - very frustrating :captain:

Very  sensible - my local report says the flow past my mooring is now 188 Cumecs as compared with earlier reports of 170 - so redder than red. Current at 5 knots - so I don't think many NBs could maintain headway at all.

I'd like to chime in and join the ever increasing throng of boaters preparing for the Thames. I've just done the Wey and finishing off the Basingstoke this week so will be out on the Thames on Monday 1st May, heading to the K&A.

Not sure yet whether to take a week or months license, but lots of useful info in this thread re moorings so could well be the longer option.

Any extra info regarding fuel? I'm likely to fill up on the Wey as I have now found one place that isn't completely silly.

For fuel Chris Iddon has a floating bunker service on the Thames  - I don't have his contact details to hand (they're on my boat...)  Better Boating at Reading - opposite - ish  Tescos tel oh one one eight 947 9536 much cheaper than the Wey and all marinas. Chris is cheaper still and his fuel incluce Marine16 (or some such) treatment.   

1 hour ago, Johny London said:

Any extra info regarding fuel? I'm likely to fill up on the Wey as I have now found one place that isn't completely silly.

Where is that?

I think I know.

Edited by mark99

It's the first boat marina down, opposite the Anchor - I think it's called Pyrford Marina. I cant remember how much now - I phoned them to check when I was just the other side of the lock before going in - but they told me they were closing and didn't want to wait so I didn't get any that time. I think it was something like 85p or 95p on a split, so not as bad as the £1.25 I paid at the other place. I might see if I can get a hold of that guy on the Thames though - if I find his number.

Just found this...

http://www.thamesdiesel.com/  It's Chris's details :)

Actually, this looks pretty useful so may as well add...

http://www.lock13.co.uk/ it's how I found Chris's website.

Edited by Johny London