Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

I didn't think this worthy of a post in the main areas, but I was in Lidl the other day and they had a lot of stuff just in that might interest boaters...

40 litre roll along water container, 23 litre strong water container, similar container in black (for waste or fuel?), large caravan cover (could be made into a pram thing?), portable satellite dish/reciever/lnb kit, 12v tv/dvd , very large green water butts, prolly a few other bits.

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

16 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Are you trying to make the thread fit better into 'Banters and Social Events'?

No, because I had not noticed which section it was in - when I look at the forum, new messages are displayed chronologically, irrespective of their section, so I rarely notice. Would you like it moving?

Just now, Johny London said:

Well, it was all there yesterday!

Must be my useless local Lidl then.

As soon as the new specials come out they clear the old ones away.

By Sunday the Thursday specials are gone.

2 minutes ago, reg said:

Well I went into ALDI and saw these items are you sure you meant LIDL

You mean I went into Lidl on a wild goose chase?

What if someone I know saw me?

I did get some of their Low GI bread buns though and some nice salami.

Aldi Clicky

8 minutes ago, carlt said:

What if someone I know saw me?

Must admit we ALDI customers do look down on LIDL customers

3 minutes ago, reg said:

Yes and since the demise of Netto there is nothing left to make Lidl customers feel superior.

• Happy 1

11 minutes ago, reg said:

We've always despised both. But without actually going into them! Recently we have mended our ways and visited a couple of Lidls and Aldis. I have to say that I prefer the Lidl near us - it is a much nicer shop though possibly just because it is new and bigger (so a better range of stuff). Aldi however do the best Empire biscuits (far better than ANY of the other supermarkets) but since they are a Scottish thing, that's probably not relevant to most on here.

12 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

We've always despised both. But without actually going into them!

Then you have been missing out for years. I can recommend their metal paints very good quality, German brand I believe, ldeal for bilge and lockers. Just cleaned and degreased my rear lockers after about 5 to 6 years and paint in very good condition.

16 minutes ago, reg said:

Then you have been missing out for years. I can recommend their metal paints very good quality, German brand I believe, ldeal for bilge and lockers. Just cleaned and degreased my rear lockers after about 5 to 6 years and paint in very good condition.

Yes, we’ve sort of realised that now!

11 hours ago, reg said:

Well I went into ALDI and saw these items are you sure you meant LIDL easy mistake to make

https://www.aldi.co.uk/search?text=Water&category=specialbuys

Just checked my receipt and yes it was Aldi :blush: sorry for any inconvenience. I've never been able to tell the difference.

In both cases, I find the products really hit and miss - some excellent cheap items, and some really poor items.

11 hours ago, carlt said:

Yes and since the demise of Netto there is nothing left to make Lidl customers feel superior.

I miss Kwik Save   :-)

3 minutes ago, carlt said:

I used to give Kwik Save a miss.

The Rugby Store was just filthy.

Strangely enough, when they opened a branch in Ashby-de-la-Zouch my parents went in there a few times and soon dubbed it "The dirty shop".

I worked there during one student vacation. One day, as a change from shelf-stacking, I was given the job of making their sausages and hamburgers. Having seen what went into them, I would never eat those products again.

We are Aldi converts, with two kids and one income it offers us huge savings. £70 a week for the four of us, including babies nappies and wipes. 

Most of the food is bang on, mainly organic and always good quality, Importantly,  the Toro organic Red wine is easy to drink as well. 

The only thing I am not a fan of is the amount of plastic they use. I tend to leave what I can with them but if they took the lead and went plastic-free it would be damn near perfect.

On 28/03/2018 at 23:13, carlt said:

Farm Foods? Iceland?

On 30/03/2018 at 04:21, Wanted said:

We are Aldi converts, with two kids and one income it offers us huge savings. £70 a week for the four of us, including babies nappies and wipes. 

Most of the food is bang on, mainly organic and always good quality, Importantly,  the Toro organic Red wine is easy to drink as well. 

The only thing I am not a fan of is the amount of plastic they use. I tend to leave what I can with them but if they took the lead and went plastic-free it would be damn near perfect.

I,m back into UK and aboard Alchemy next week. I,ll be straight into Aldi to stock up. Looking forward to my hotcross buns, pikelets, stilton, and Aldis strong Vintage Cider.   Ah summer time, I can smell it now ! Hope I dont blink and miss it.

• Greenie 1