Retired lady narrow boat owner seeks boating companion

Lesley_boats

Featured Posts

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Angela Bell said:

Hello Lesley

I tried sending you an email but it has bounced back.  Have you perhaps changed your registered email address on this site? 

Angela

Hi Angela, Welcome to the forum. If you make a couple more posts then you can send her a PM message. But I don't think she has signed in for a bit so thats no guarantee ether. :)

This might be a job for @cheshire~rose

2 minutes ago, Angela Bell said:

Thanks for the reply.  I did manage to send her a PM just now.

Was hoping to find an opportunity to pair up with a boat owner looking for companionship/help this summer and she sounded ideal.  Fingers crossed.  

Angela

She did seem very nice, It's a shame that we haven't seen more of her here. I wonder if she joined the Facebook group that was mentioned in previous posts Which is why I thought it might be a job for Cheshire-rose. I wish you well finding boaty friends. :) You may find one or two here. *wink*

20 hours ago, Tumshie said:

She did seem very nice, It's a shame that we haven't seen more of her here. I wonder if she joined the Facebook group that was mentioned in previous posts Which is why I thought it might be a job for Cheshire-rose. I wish you well finding boaty friends. :) You may find one or two here. *wink*

I agree Tumshie , its always sad when the OP on Threads like this one go quiet , hopefully she got sorted and is already enjoying her Boating

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I can see that this message is a couple of years old, but I don't know how to find other  boaters to travel with (separate boats, any gender).

My husband is accident prone, so we have to sell our boat. Before that, I would love to go on a trip (solo) with another boat, if I can get to a narrow canal with single locks (Oxford, Coventry etc.) I have 6 weeks left!

I steer and do single locks for him, though neither of us is fit enough to operate the GU heavy lock gates, which is why we have to sell our boat - heartbreaking for me, as I love it.

I don't think climbing on the roof would be good, so I guess if there are 2 of you, each does the locks for the other boat. Not sure?

Any helpful replies are welcome.