Retired lady narrow boat owner seeks boating companion

Lesley_boats

Featured Posts

Retired lady 45ft narrow boat owner seeks female companion for short and longer trips out through Spring and Summer months 2018. Experience and flexibility helpful. Currently boat is moored at Sawley Marina. Get in contact for more details

Welcome to the forum Lesley_Boats.

I am sure there will be people who would love the opportunity to go boating with you here. There has been many a forum friendship made over the years.

Just as a matter of interest do you use Facebook? There is a group on there for ladies that you might find helpful

Hi Lesley_Boats. 

The group is called Women on The Cut but you won't find it by searching because it is a secret group. All that actually means is that it ensures it is a safe place for ladies to chat about anything in complete privacy from anyone who is not part of the group. 

You have to be friends with somebody who is already a member for them to add you. I will send you a private message so, if you wish to add me as a friend I can assist you in joining the group - once you are a member you can choose whether you wish to continue being friends with me or not. 

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Hi Lesley_Boats. 

The group is called Women on The Cut but you won't find it by searching because it is a secret group. All that actually means is that it ensures it is a safe place for ladies to chat about anything in complete privacy from anyone who is not part of the group. 

You have to be friends with somebody who is already a member for them to add you. I will send you a private message so, if you wish to add me as a friend I can assist you in joining the group - once you are a member you can choose whether you wish to continue being friends with me or not. 

Oooo can i join? I have my own tea pot:)

• Haha 1

Hello, Lesley boats.

Why does this have to be done in secret? Or should I say a secret Facebook page. I appreciate that there are undesirables in this world of ours, but surely if a lady companion comes along you would of course 'vet' them and get to know them before any commitment to share your boat with them. No matter where this particular person comes from.  I suppose it's another option.

Martyn. 

Hi to everyone. Many thanks for welcoming me to the site. A bit of a novice as I am sure you have gleaned. Also trying to get my head round using technology I haven't used before - with my daughter's help. But I am a fast learner! 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Yes but can you knit?

if so the duck needs another hat!

I thought you were going to bed - did you not say something about telly bye byes? :blink: 

And Mr Rusty went Boiiiiiinnnnnnng!

Nope - it's me that needs to go to bed. :tired:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I said I needed to go to bed and I got there. so it wasn't a whole fib. ;)

Hmmmmm posting on here in bed???!

Not something I would ever do, oh nooo, deffly NOT, never.....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Hmmmmm posting on here in bed???!

Not something I would ever do, oh nooo, deffly NOT, never.....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:blink: I may have got to that point in the day where I run out of ........ zzzzzzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, cheshire~rose said:

Nobody suggested that Lesley's quest needed to be done in secret. It was merely a suggestion I made. The group I speak of is about females who have a love of canals and boating supporting each other, whether the support they require is advice about a solar panel, an ingrown toenail, wayward offspring or, yes, indeed, an "other half" who is overdue a good talking to! She is looking for ladies with experience of boatng to go boating with her so where better than a group of ladies who love the cut?

I write as someone who once made a journey from a relationship where I was not responsible for decisions of my own to living completely independently. I found a lot of friends on this forum and learned which ones I could trust (whether as a source for reliable information or as a companion) and which would mansplain or patronise me. Learning who the reliable and trustworthy people are can take time (I will add that applies to both male and female).

I read between the lines and saw what I thought was potentially a lady who may find a friendly "face" who understands a little of what she may be going through and might be able to help her steer a course through the madhouse that this forum can be :)

Ladies get ingrowing toe nails. Well I never. I wouldn't patronise anyone.

I get why, but you get coniviving women aswell. So, who ever the OP gets introduced to in the secret world of Lady boaters, trust has to be gained. 

Anyway, is there anything I can help you ladies with in the secret world?.

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The bit I don't get is how all these secret lady boaters manage to steer their boats without a man to tell them how they are doing it wrong.

Run out of greenies agin!

Have a giggle instead 

:giggles: