Which Dremel?

MtB

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

MTB- Get a B&D Power file, not any sort of Dremel.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/232659001749?chn=ps&dispItem=1&adgroupid=47476323250&rlsatarget=pla-414281536541&abcId=1133916&adtype=pla&merchantid=9495714&poi=&googleloc=1006843&device=c&campaignid=1058842219&crdt=0

Makita do a dearer and better version with 3 widths of belt.  Great for corners, rust removal etc. 

They are corded  though, and I've not found a battery one.

Dremels go round quick, but have no power.

N

Agreed, brilliant bit of kit, for all sorts of jobs, mine (B&D) takes 2 different widths of belt, has changeable heads.

• 1 year later...

I have a Dremel 4300 https://drilling-it.com/dremel-4000-vs-dremel-4300/ I used it for handicraft work, a little carved on wood. The manual says that the main functions that these tools can perform include carving, engraving, grinding, sharpening, cutting, brushing, polishing, grinding and even cutting the nails of a pet. I think it is a good idea to use a dremel for grinding to clear the metal in the corners.

• 2 years later...

If you are looking for a multi-purpose tool that makes carving, sharpening, and grinding easy for you, then you should go for Dremel 4000. It is a powerful tool that will give you high-performance. However, if you are looking for a rotary tool that not only runs smoothly but allows you to work on different materials, then you should consider looking into Dremel 4300. A detailed analysis is available at https://toolboxnerd.com/dremel-4000-vs-4300/ to make your selection process easy. 

Edited by MatthewDover

15 minutes ago, MatthewDover said:

If you are looking for a multi-purpose tool that makes carving, sharpening, and grinding easy for you, then you should go for Dremel 4000. It is a powerful tool that will give you high-performance. However, if you are looking for a rotary tool that not only runs smoothly but allows you to work on different materials, then you should consider looking into Dremel 4300. A detailed analysis is available at https://toolboxnerd.com/dremel-4000-vs-4300/ to make your selection process easy. 

Thanks for your advice, and welcome to the forum.

You don't have any business connection with the company, do you?

1 minute ago, Athy said:

I think that's obvious.

Not to me :) It could be Dremel, or toolboxnerd. It doesn't look like it could be Dremel, and toolboxnerd looks like a site that likes these Dremels, and is merely hoping to get a bit of a kickback from encouraging people to buy from Amazon, hardly a company?

7 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Not to me :) It could be Dremel, or toolboxnerd. It doesn't look like it could be Dremel, and toolboxnerd looks like a site that likes these Dremels, and is merely hoping to get a bit of a kickback from encouraging people to buy from Amazon, hardly a company?

No, Dremel is the company which makes the product which Matthew is recommending. If you read the Tool Box Nerd link you'll find that it is a review site which offers assessments of Dremel products.

As for Amazon: if it isn't a company, what is it?

Edited by Athy

2 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I agree, nothing wrong with marketing and for a product that is at least applicable to boat owners. It could have been delivered with a little more information about who he was or perhaps checked if approval might be needed before such an obvious advert, but since thats at least three of us who have checked out toolboxnerd then it works! 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Chagall said:

I agree, nothing wrong with marketing and for a product that is at least applicable to boat owners. It could have been delivered with a little more information about who he was or perhaps checked if approval might be needed before such an obvious advert, but since thats at least three of us who have checked out toolboxnerd then it works! 

No, that's the whole point: it's not an obvious advert, but it might be one, or it may be simply a recommendation from a satisfied user.

That's where we came in.

17 minutes ago, Athy said:

No, that's the whole point: it's not an obvious advert, but it might be one, or it may be simply a recommendation from a satisfied user.

That's where we came in.

The longer we keep going with this the more it becomes a successful advert for either Dremel or toolboxnerd ?  

edit to add: ...either way its good info.

Edited by Chagall

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Thanks for your advice, and welcome to the forum.

You don't have any business connection with the company, do you?

31 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

25 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Hello, I don't have any business connections with this blog but I do share my findings with them when I use certain tools.

I don't write for them either but did they did reach out to me and a few others to have information on their blog.

I believe they needed some kind of experience from first hand users of the product. I am not sure. 

But, I do NOT make any commission from this website. My personal experiences were shared in this post so it felt good to share that.

I apologise if it violated community guidelines. I am new to this and didn't know that it wasn't allowed. If you want, I can type out experience here rather than sharing a link or something. 

Thank you. 

• Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, MatthewDover said:

I apologise if it violated community guidelines. I am new to this and didn't know that it wasn't allowed. 

It looked as if you might have done, but obviously you haven't. Thanks for the apology, but no crime or sin has been committed!

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

It looked as if you might have done, but obviously you haven't. Thanks for the apology, but no crime or sin has been committed!

Thank you. Appreciate it. 

If you or the community members don't mind, would it be okay to have your personal experiences of various tools you have used published on the site?

I am not sure about their process but I think it could be very helpful for the readers to have information from the experiences of various users. 

You can let me know and if you have a preference to share your experience about a particular product then that would be great. 

It usually works by gathering information like overview, pros, cons, experience, general feedback and similar things about a particular product and then that is converted into an article like you saw above. 

It's completely fine if you're not interested. I'll understand. 

6 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

Toolboxnerd? Never heard of Toolboxnerd, I might visit Toolboxnerd and see what else I can find on 

Mmm, Toolboxnerd

No advertising on here, please.

:D