Custom fitted shower door

Troyg

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,

I am located near Macclesfield in Cheshire. I plan to replace my shower curtain with a glass shower door. It is a square shower but is not a straight forward shape. I will require glass at the side with frame work and a folding split door. Not easy to explain so attached photo showing what I mean.

Is anyone aware of a company that can do this kind of work? Preferably from east Cheshire area.

Thanks

Shower.JPG

Glass would be first preference but not essential. At the end of the day just need to be waterproof. I'm open to suggestions of any other ideas.... Good perspex would be fine.

16 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Whats wrong with the curtain? That method has worked for years as does mine at present. Not totaly confined and cheap and easy to replace.

I hate shower curtains in confined spaces. Its seems like the plastic has magnetic properties and sucks itself around you, feeling cold and wet and horrible. Much prefer solid panels. If it's perspex, then you'll have windows in your shower as well, but you may not be able to see clouds.:D

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

I think Websters do (or did) customised shower doors.  Otherwise try DG companies.  If you are East Cheshire, then South Cheshire Glass in Crewe are usually very helpful and flexible.

27 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I hate shower curtains in confined spaces. Its seems like the plastic has magnetic properties and sucks itself around you, feeling cold and wet and horrible.

The rising hot air around you creates a low pressure zone. No magnetism required ;)

• Haha 1

What is the max height from top of tray to lowest part of the ceiling? From memory modern house cubicles are 1.85m. There would be nothing stopping you on fitting a corner shower with bi-fold door and fit the fixed side glazed panel down the side of the shaped and tiled wall. This way no customised shower door and side panel needed. Ie just fit an L shaped corner cubicle on top of the tray, the side part on top of the tray and against the tiled shaped wall.

Another option either build a full wall or remove it.

https://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/premier-ella-shower-enclosure-erbd76-ersp76?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiv7Z6vmM2gIVFJ4bCh25XQh2EAQYByABEgINL_D_BwE

James.:)

Edited by canals are us?

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Is that a Waitrose gulper pump? 

Waitrose resealable bags. Invaluable. Used all over the boat.  Probably cheaper on Amazon but I'm spending in anticipation of my lottery win.

But its my manifolds that I'm proud of.  The red ones are hot and the blue ones, wait for it... are cold!   I can turn off or isolate any part of the system, all whilst having a shower.  

Edited by system 4-50

6 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Waitrose resealable bags. Invaluable. Used all over the boat.  Probably cheaper on Amazon but I'm spending in anticipation of my lottery win.

But its my manifolds that I'm proud of.  The red ones are hot and the blue ones, wait for it... are cold!   I can turn off or isolate any part of the system, all whilst having a shower.  

It looks very nice. Scotty of the starship enterprise would be proud.

2 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

One set is for getting in and out.  The other gives access to my manifolds.  And pumps.

1-IMGP8649.JPG.a6f617cdb3920a7907c05a1be36e903e.JPG

38 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

It looks very nice. Scotty of the starship enterprise would be proud.

Is that the boats plasma manifold?

Thanks for the comments. Wesley windows could be just what I'm looking for. I need to check if building the wall out next to the basin will close the room up too much or restrict room at the basin. If that's ok a custom door from Wesley could be the solution....

And yes I hate shower curtains! Its only a 500mm x 500mm shower and the curtain wrapping around you only has one positive of saving water due to wanting to finish quickly! ;)