Marple Lock 15 update

Cheshire cat

Featured Posts

It looks as though they have managed to repair the spread of the lock wall with the foundations now ready for the replacement of the stonework. I understand that the original stonework was found to be crumbling and CRT have had to source new stone which has caused the delay from March until May for reopening.

I heard that too. I'm a bit surprised because the walls do look substantial compared with brick. Virtually every stone has the masons mark on it. There are numerous quarries still active within 30 miles or so of the site so I don't see sourcing of stone as a significant issue.  

And the quarries won't have piles of stone stacked up on supermarket shelves to take away. This will be a special order and CRT and the supplier will need to agree the sizes, finish and price etc. before starting to prepare the stone. And they will probably have other customer orders to be completed first.