Blacking Dry Dock Macclesfield Canal

Troyg

Featured Posts

Hi all,

I am situated on the 'upper' Macclesfield canal between Bosley and Marple locks. Is there anywhere along that stretch that has a dry dock or offers hauling out of the water? I need to get the hull shot blasted and apply two pack. I plan to do the two pack myself so a DIY dock is preferred. No where obvious jumps out at me that has these type of facilities in this area. I want to avoid the expense of cranage if possible. Also does anyone have any recommendations for shot blasting companies that I could use? This is the part I cannot do myself.

The boat is a 60ft narrowboat.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

You may have a problem finding a dock that allows shot blasting, lots don't

Shot blasting will be a lot easier to do and clean up afterwards if the boat is on a dry hardstanding rather than in a wet and muddy drydock.

I am happy to use a hardstanding but need somewhere that offers this and can haul out? I don't plan to do until May when the weather is hopefully more friendly.... It just seems along the Macc lacks places with these type of facilities. I could travel further if needed but obviously closer the better.

I'm flexible but just want to try and keep costs under control...