Blackening comming of after ice

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Rose Narrowboats said:

I have to say I've never seen a conventional blacking that will withstand much ice breaking unless the ice is very rotten. Most two-packs do, and that is about the only thing in their favour in my experience.

How recent is your information about Bob Mitchell please Mike? He was very much alive last autumn when we blacked his boat - I hope nothing has happened since then.

Ok I've hd a search and I remembered wrongly. There was a thread on here saying he'd had an accident:

Later, in a different thread where his name came up, I posted asking how he was:

Somebody PMed me in response telling me he died. Now I'm going to see if I can find that PM.

Edit to add:

Right I've found the PM. It is from a long term and regular poster here who I have met in person. They actually said they heard in The Wharf Inn that he subsequently died. Knowing the person I'm confident they told me in good faith. They told me this on 15th March 2017.

I'm delighted to hear you have seen him since so this must have been incorrect information!!

Edited by Mike the Boilerman