Shower Room refurb.

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Depends how much you're willing to pay. The expensive ones don't look plastic or cheap to me. These showerwall panels cost me about 300 quid. They're 10mm thick solid panels. 

http://www.showerwall.co.uk/gallery/

It’s the way they reflect the light that makes them seem cheap to me, even the thick £300 panel ones.

25 minutes ago, Robbo said:

It’s the way they reflect the light that makes them seem cheap to me, even the thick £300 panel ones.

Well it doesn't to me. Mine reflect light in more or less the same way a sheet of marble would. They use Showerwall in some of the best hotels. 

Each to their own I suppose. Some tiling can look very cheap to me.

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Well it doesn't to me. Mine reflect light in more or less the same way a sheet of marble would. They use Showerwall in some of the best hotels. 

Each to their own I suppose. Some tiling can look very cheap to me.

I see they do free samples so may order a few as I’m in the market for some bathroom refit stuff.

3 minutes ago, dccruiser said:

Thats a nice looking job , what did you put them on with? I used the screwfix sticks like sh*t and its worked so far

Wilco's Tile adhesive and grout, been up tens years now. Also the shower is in the middle and not against the cabin side, so less problems with knocks. I fitted airing cupboard between the shower and the cabin side so nice warm towels as well.

On 3/23/2018 at 14:56, Nightwatch said:

install a 900mm x 600mm shower tray

I'll be surprised if you can find a 900 x 600 tray. 600 is an uncomfortably narrow width to shower in.

I predict 700 x 900 or 750 x 900 will be much easier to find, and more practical too.

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'll be surprised if you can find a 900 x 600 tray. 600 is an uncomfortably narrow width to shower in.

I predict 700 x 900 or 750 x 900 will be much easier to find, and more practical too.

Anything bigger than 600mm won't fit. You can get them. I'd have to turn sideways on.

When fitting the shower tray/bath don't rely on a line of sealant between the bath/shower and wall, draw a line to mark the top of the bath/shower and then apply a tube or so of sealant below this line to cover the 'lip' of the unit. Then push the shower/bath into this, it provides the perfect leak free seal.

11 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The exposed part of my shower tray is 670mm x 670mm, so I guess it's a 700 x 700 with the board sitting on top of it.

It's a bit of a squeeze at this, so anything less in either direction would be really awkward and uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

600mm is the width of the Bath we have at present.

I'm very concerned your new shower will be virtually unusable. Can you mock up two panels of wood 600mm apart to stand between? Then you'll see what I mean.

Are you saying you 600mm wide bath works OK as a stand-up shower now?

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your concern and take your comments seriously. Been busy today with the boat,but will try as you suggest. The unit we have at present is 600mm but has a plasy curtain.

i need to have a rethink me thinks!

On 24/03/2018 at 10:17, Richard10002 said:

I've always thought that my shower walls are something like floor vinyl. That's the impression I got when fitting a new thermostatic shower valve. It's certainly a one piece per wall, and well sealed at all edges. It's been on at least 10 years to my knowledge, and probably since the boat was built in 2001.

That is what mine is

• Greenie 1