Minworth embankment repair

nicknorman

Featured Posts

I’ve just had an email to say the section is open again. I wonder how much material they managed to remove? Let’s hope that the deeper boats can get through ok. 

Well done Sea Dog on your latest comment. I gave you a greenie 

Looks like from the picture they were profiling as much of the silt on the far bank away from the towpath, whereas more recently the channel was quite far across that side due to the amount of infill left on top of the temporary repair next to the towpath.

It would be good to hear from whoever goes that way next to see how the work has gone.  I tend to drop someone off at the bridge just before on the way up the locks so I can keep as much afloat as possible with someone on the towpath helping out if required.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Spot the difference, which  I suspect says far more about Boater Sam than Julia Sharman.

You’re wasting your breath I feel. Nevertheless have a greenie. 

The boat in that blog looks like a typical modern boat so maybe only draws around 2 feet. The big question is, has anyone with a deeper draughted boat passed through Minworth since CRT dredged it?

Who's going to be the pioneer?

29 minutes ago, Peter X said:

The boat in that blog looks like a typical modern boat so maybe only draws around 2 feet. The big question is, has anyone with a deeper draughted boat passed through Minworth since CRT dredged it?

Who's going to be the pioneer?

Who has time to blog? 

11 hours ago, matty40s said:

6 hours of cruising 'bee'ing exhausting is a clue.....not real cruising....

Rather an arrogant thing to say.  They're quite a bit older than you, did 27 locks all of which needed turning, and it was a hot day.  Are people not entitled to do as much or as little as they like in a day?

• Love 2

13 hours ago, Goliath said:

But as I’m ageing the long days seem shorter 

..and there’s not so many left. 

Happy Days. 

I find the same. My theory is that as you get older, each day becomes a smaller percentage of your life. :P