Drying Washing

Movin' on

Featured Posts

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Maybe wooden ones are easier on the paintwork, but a proper horse also keeps the grass short.

Yes but he looks daft with a sheet and a pair of jeans drying on his back. 

14 hours ago, Halsey said:

In the hope this stays on track for at least 24hrs :giggles: is there a tiller based solution that works, is there a freestanding base that works, we had a great welded tube/socket set up on Persia on the tug deck

18 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

We use a small warm-air blowing device that sits on the stove.  The name escapes me at the moment.

Crackers. We really must follow the OPs wishes and try and keep this on topic until the 24 hours is up at 8am tomorrow.

Tune in tomorrow when you will hear Dr Bob say " It is  interesting what you can do with a Persian carpet and a socket set when you give it a tug"

23 minutes ago, Halsey said:

Ok - you are free to go off topic now

44 minutes to go. 

ETA. Besides Dr Bob won't reply til at least 8am cos he's a L̶a̶z̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶d̶ retired. 

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Halsey said:

All good many thanks - any solutions to summer outdoor drying and mounting rotary driers??

I have a t-shaped tube section which fits over the end of the swan's neck.  The rotary washing line slots right through it and stands on the deck boards (cruiser stern).  Works fine.

10 hours ago, WhiteSuit said:

we use one of these https://www.tesco.com/direct/minky-free-standing-15m-rotary-airer/207-8159.prd?source=others.

very quick drying on the roof we just tie the centre of the stand down to the centre rope ring so it doesn't topple over. 

(Best Peter Sellers voice)  "You 'ave a Minky? On your roof?"

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

44 minutes to go. 

ETA. Besides Dr Bob won't reply til at least 8am cos he's a L̶a̶z̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶d̶ retired. 

Cor you quick off the mark! 8.30am. Time for Teletubbies to wake up. Now where are we with eco fans ( other fans are available) and drying Persian rugs?

Edited by Dr Bob

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

Cor you quick off the mark! 8.30am. Time for Teletubbies to walk up. Now where are we with eco fans ( other fans are available) and drying Persian rugs?

Tune in tomorrow when you will hear Dr Bob say " It is  interesting what you can do with a Persian carpet and a socket set when you give it a tug

8 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

It is interesting what you can do with a Persian carpet and a socket set when you give it a tug.

I can't work this one out. A Persian car pet is obviously a cat, but we are not even told whether the socket set is metric or imperial?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

I can't work this one out. A Persian car pet is obviously a cat, but we are not even told whether the socket set is metric or imperial?

I've been told I can't say anymore as it involves Rusty and a fair bit of hand cranking. And don't call me 'Pet'. I'm not from Newcastle.

8 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Iran it past Mrs Rusty as she is a feline fan (other fans are available).She had no ideer,and best suggestion was to sock-it and see.

• Haha 2