Instantaneous water heater

Sapphal

Featured Posts

Yes I have the cob 5,  it works well but likes a steady water pressure so had to fit a pressure reducer in the water feed. Ignition is quick via 2 cc batteries. You can buy adapters to suit old larger flue . It has some connection pipework supplied but needed different bits to go to 3/8 od pipe without a soldered connection. Also has a standoff bracket to give the correct flue position as a paloma replacement.

Supplied for the leisure industry but no warranty if used on a boat. Has all the safety features you would expect on a modern device. 

Bought on eBay from a caravan wholesaler in south wales at a good price with next day delivery last year.

Edited by adrianh

32 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

Were in the BSS does it say that then?

MP.

No eye deer. Just being provocative. 

On the other hand I've had a BSS bod claim a gas appliance not installed in accordance with the instructions is a fail. Would that seem right to you?

17 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Would that seem right to you?

Nope. I would ask him which of the BSS checklist items it contravenes. If he still refused a pass then I’d take it up with the office. 

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No eye deer. Just being provocative. 

On the other hand I've had a BSS bod claim a gas appliance not installed in accordance with the instructions is a fail. Would that seem right to you?

I couldn't find anything that said that during a quick scan. That's why I aksed you.

MP.

8 hours ago, MoominPapa said:

I couldn't find anything that said that during a quick scan. That's why I aksed you.

I just had a look through an older BSS checklist (2002-2005) in case this was an old rule that has since been superseded. It’s not mentioned in there either. 

After a bit of reading around, the ruling seems to be that any new installation of instant water heaters have to be 'room-sealed'. But there seems to be confusion regarding the approval for use in boats.  As such it appears that only the Morco ones are approved.  Surely though if the unit is room sealed and fitted by a gas registered installer then it should pass the BSS.

Mmmmm - perhaps there are soldered internal connections which might be a fail on the BSS.