EE 30Gb Data sim - £15/month Rolling contract.

rusty69

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Looks like an ok deal if anyone is after an internet sim.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/30gb-4g-data-simo-half-price-now-15pm-ee-30-day-rolling-contract-2912553

Check details before signing up.

3 hrs and no one has replied!!! Is everyone asleep, dead, at a party (can I come)?

Thats £10 a sim cheaper than I'm paying them!!!!   So it is half price.

Looks like Mr smelly has recovered. Shame, we should have had the party while we could.

1 minute ago, MoominPapa said:

I'm paying EE £23 a month for 60Gb, but it is a two-year deal, and required some persistence to get.

MP.

That is a good deal.

Do you use 60Gb/month? I have trouble getting through 32/ month. 

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

That is a good deal.

Do you use 60Gb/month? I have trouble getting through 32/ month. 

Visiting this forum takes most of it with the odd footy match and rugby matches thrown in plus the odd bit of tv streamin' going on. I wish I could get BTSport and Sky go to download in SD. Sky on board now so it should reduce a bit.

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Visiting this forum takes most of it with the odd footy match and rugby matches thrown in plus the odd bit of tv streamin' going on. I wish I could get BTSport and Sky go to download in SD. Sky on board now so it should reduce a bit.

I find i-player the worst offender,as you can't change the quality like youtube. 

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

I find i-player the worst offender,as you can't change the quality like youtube. 

Yep that too. We get iPlayer via the BT youview box so I thought it was just that box. Obviously not. Netflix is great as you can set it to SD.

Is this a sensible day today then?

Just now, Dr Bob said:

Yep that too. We get iPlayer via the BT youview box so I thought it was just that box. Obviously not. Netflix is great as you can set it to SD.

No. I'm a great fan of a few sensible answers before the eco-fan (other fans are available) posts begin. Thats why i haven't mentioned it on the drying thread........ Yet

18 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

You can also download on Netflix which I find useful if I find myself in a area with limited bandwidth.   NowTV doesn’t have this option which is a big downer,

• Happy 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Yes, not up to the usual standard. It is too early isn't it.

I quite like Netflix. Lots on it inc the latest Star Trek. No Scotty of course.

The three go binge thing Robbo mentioned sounds good. Pity EE don't offer something similar. 

47 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

No, I was more interested in seeing your reply to the handbags comment on the thread last night.

i used 4Gb watching Liverpool last Saturday! That's 800Mb per goal! .....data doesn't last long when you are still in Europe!

Ouch!

• Happy 1

33 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

The three go binge thing Robbo mentioned sounds good. Pity EE don't offer something similar. 

I had an amusing conversation with Three recently. After a cock-up and apology from them I ended up with an excellent (phone) deal of unlimited data, calls & texts for £11/month on a 12 month contract. The sales guy said “And we’ll give you Go Binge too”. I pointed out that it was somewhat irrelevant if I had unlimited data as part of the deal and he replied “But with Go Binge you can use as much as you like when watching Netflix”. I just said ok, thanks. :D

• Happy 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, ianali said:

Ouch!

It's like fishing. Someone was bound to bite.....either the footy or Brexit!

Never mind Ian. You've been there for the last 20 years. We haven't! Still, bit of a fix getting City in the next round. That sounds like a set up. More BT data needed.

53 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

It's like fishing. Someone was bound to bite.....either the footy or Brexit!

Never mind Ian. You've been there for the last 20 years. We haven't! Still, bit of a fix getting City in the next round. That sounds like a set up. More BT data needed.

Now there's a match I hope gets cancelled...

Ian.

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

We also have the EE 60GB/month mifi (for £20.20pm) and it did take a bit of negotiation to get.  60GB just about last the month ( have to keep an eye on binge watching on Netflix etc). Download everything in HD (TV further upscales most programmes very well) and find on average an hours worth of programme uses around 1GB. 4K downloads eats data.

2 hours ago, MoominPapa said:

I'm paying EE £23 a month for 60Gb, but it is a two-year deal, and required some persistence to get.

MP.

12 minutes ago, Edders said:

We also have the EE 60GB/month mifi (for £20.20pm) and it did take a bit of negotiation to get.  60GB just about last the month ( have to keep an eye on binge watching on Netflix etc). Download everything in HD (TV further upscales most programmes very well) and find on average an hours worth of programme uses around 1GB. 4K downloads eats data.

What kind of advanced negotiating tactics did you guys utilize to get a better deal?

Is it just a case of getting through to retentions and threatening to leave?

I was paying £30ish a month to EE for 50GB.  I was out of contract to I rang up to see what they could offer.  The 'helpful' lady said that 50GB was £60 a month now but they could reward my loyalty by reducing it to £41 per month.  I said, but I'm only currently paying £30.  There was a long silence.  I put her out of her misery by saying "thank you, I'll go back to Three then".  I've now done that and got my price down to £21 per month including unlimited Netflix!

I was previously on 32GBpm for about £15pm (a rolling contract that I obtained through HotDeals UK) and contacted EE to see what the latest best deal was. Someone on this forum had previously posted they had managed to get 64GBpm for around I think £25pm.

The saleslady at EE said they couldn't offer this so I said fair enough, I will wait until another offer comes up. After a brief pause, the salesperson said hang on whilst I talk to my manager to see what I can do. She came back with an improved offer but nowhere near what I wanted. She then consulted her manager again and came back with what I have now, but on a 2 year contract only. I was OK with a contract as EE offer a good service and is the only 4g I can get where I live (no landline and no other mobile provider in the area).

Even though I have only been on this plan for about 6 months it appears I can upgrade again, should a better plan become available.

Edited by Edders