Odyssey extreme batteries

Jon57

Featured Posts

Personally I would be very wary of buying used batteries. If they’re so good why isn’t the original user still using them?

How do you know how many cycles they’ve performed? At what DoD? What’s their current true capacity?

Direct link: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Odyssey-The-Extreme-31-pc2150-Battery-12-V-100-Ah-Solar-Inverter-W-H-U/112880690212?hash=item1a4836a424:g:5vUAAOSwKwVaaSPP

The batteries were backups batteries so will have to ask that question? He also gets out of date batteries which are new . At the moment,  not listed yet  Fiamm 12FLB 450p  year of manufacture 2017   4 batteries £445 delivered.  Seems like  a good buy to me.  Would they be a better buy. And with being stood for possibly 15 months max still ok? And suitable for the boat.

Thanks 

The best set of batteries I have had were second hand off an exforum member called Vince. 6 x 110 ah batteries at £25 each.

He used to get them from Autoglass vans as 6 month planned maintenance replacements happened. They were used as the power source for the glass clearing vacuum when removing shattered windscreens. Charged by the vans alternators they were barely used.

Lasted for over 6 years off grid CC-ING, sold them on for £10 each to someone who ran an electric fence round a horse field. ...they are probably still in service now.

3 hours ago, matty40s said:

The best set of batteries I have had were second hand off an exforum member called Vince. 6 x 110 ah batteries at £25 each.

He used to get them from Autoglass vans as 6 month planned maintenance replacements happened. They were used as the power source for the glass clearing vacuum when removing shattered windscreens. Charged by the vans alternators they were barely used.

Lasted for over 6 years off grid CC-ING, sold them on for £10 each to someone who ran an electric fence round a horse field. ...they are probably still in service now.

My set of five are still in service after eight years, the best £125 I spent on batteries. 

Don't mention that guy from the Wirral, I still get into a panic attack when I hear anything to do with the man.  He caused me a few sleepless nights. The last under guarantee replacement was flung out of his van in the yard as he drove off, refused to talk to anyone. Mind, I did have him almost in court at the time.

I'm running a stern full of Polish Pro-somethings, cheap from the Rochdale cowboy, seem to be OK even when left for 4 months over winter.

30 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Don't mention that guy from the Wirral, I still get into a panic attack when I hear anything to do with the man.  He caused me a few sleepless nights. The last under guarantee replacement was flung out of his van in the yard as he drove off, refused to talk to anyone. Mind, I did have him almost in court at the time.

It appears that he now runs a ‘food services’ business, whatever that is. 

On 3/21/2018 at 01:17, nbfiresprite said:

My set of five are still in service after eight years, the best £125 I spent on batteries. 

I had 4 off vince about the same time 4 years in my old boat and 2of them have done 4 years in my brothers camper the other 2 in his mates and still going strong! 

Rick

1 hour ago, Dave_P said:

Where can I buy these magical 'Vince Batteries' now?

You can't he stopped selling them a few years ago. Nice guy had 4 which lasted a couple of years. I think he popped into the forum a short while ago just to say hello but is not really an active member at the moment.

13 hours ago, WotEver said:

Sadly it’s s few years now since Vince said he could no longer obtain them. 

They are called "Freedom" batteries. sealed, probably AGM. I had a brief and lazy google but couldn't find them.