Boat Missing From Brinklow Marina - 58 Foot - Jessie - Index 51039

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, mayalld said:

I think that numbers that were off the register before the first extract for the boat listing are missing.

Our old boat was 52690 and isn't there

My boat number is only a few numbers along from yours, and mine's missing from the list too. 

37 minutes ago, Athy said:

I don't need to, as it is already in English. But if you want it in French, try "Ma manque de savoir-faire technique est bien connue". Or something similar.

O.K?

It was indeed in English and I'm sure it's completely accurate as well. What I think MtB was asking you to do was reconcile that statement with your assertion "I made no such admission" in reply to my post.

Just now, frahkn said:

It was indeed in English and I'm sure it's completely accurate as well. What I think MtB was asking you to do was reconcile that statement with your assertion "I made no such admission" in reply to my post.

Quite possibly, yes. But no such reconciliation is necessary.

1 minute ago, frahkn said:

Yes, exactly.

I CBA to take the trouble to compose such an explanation, as another fascetious remark would probably be the only response.

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes, exactly.

I CBA to take the trouble to compose such an explanation, as another fascetious remark would probably be the only response.

Well, I don't think Frank has made any facetious remarks, and I certainly haven't. Can you suggest who may have done so?

I changed the thread title in response to a request, but you somehow did not think that I had done so.

Edited by Athy

5 hours ago, Athy said:

I don't need to, as it is already in English. But if you want it in French, try "Ma manque de savoir-faire technique est bien connue". Or something similar.

O.K?

Oy Athy non of that " Johny Foreigner " speak on here please!! :ninja:

Back on topic.

Warwickshire Police Canalwatch have just posted brief details but interesting (or not!) "If you see the boat of have any information that could help the police with their enquiries please call 101 and refer to inc 72 of 20/3/18." Crime reference seems to differ.

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, mayalld said:

I think that numbers that were off the register before the first extract for the boat listing are missing.

Our old boat was 52690 and isn't there

So that suggests that the data export from BW was incomplete...  I will try to ensure I get a complete list from C&RT this year rather than just changes....

6 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

So it's been taken for blacking then?

Well it does seem a rather odd, and expensive, thing to do - steal a boat and then lift it and leave it on the bank with apparently no other steps taken to disguise it. Not many places on the Shroppie that have lifting and hard standing....

2 hours ago, StephenA said:

Well it does seem a rather odd, and expensive, thing to do - steal a boat and then lift it and leave it on the bank with apparently no other steps taken to disguise it. Not many places on the Shroppie that have lifting and hard standing....

Quite. Could even be argued it was not stolen as there has to be an intention to permanently deprive the owner of possession or some such term. 

Setting it up on a canalside hard standing hardly seems to illustrate such an intention. 

• Happy 1

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Quite. Could even be argued it was not stolen as there has to be an intention to permanently deprive the owner of possession or some such term.

I think I'll try that with your van. Take it and park it up somewhere without telling you where. Sounds like I'd be in the clear

31 minutes ago, RLWP said:

I think I'll try that with your van. Take it and park it up somewhere without telling you where. Sounds like I'd be in the clear

Isn't there a lesser offence called "Taking and driving away" which covers such situations?

Whatever the circs, it's good news that the owners have got their boat back.

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Isn't there a lesser offence called "Taking and driving away" which covers such situations?

There certainly used to be. It covered so called ‘Joyriders’. 

35 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Curiously that is precisely the position. Your defence would be successful. As Athy says, this was the reason ‘taking and driving away’ was introduced as an offence. Charges of theft of motor vehicles failed when the hobby called ‘joyriding’ became fashionable in the 60s. Dumping the vehicle instead of keeping it for yourself was a ‘get out of jail free’ card!

I wonder if a charge of taking and driving away of a boat would succeed...

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Curiously that is precisely the position. Your defence would be successful. As Athy says, this was the reason ‘taking and driving away’ was introduced as an offence. Charges of theft of motor vehicles failed when the hobby called ‘joyriding’ became fashionable in the 60s. Dumping the vehicle instead of keeping it for yourself was a ‘get out of jail free’ card!

And the test for taking and driving away was ‘have the wheels rotated at least one revolution?’