Boat Missing From Brinklow Marina - 58 Foot - Jessie - Index 51039

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I wouldn't normally post without a Police crime number and more details, but CRT man George Dickinson says Police are aware......

Sadly however the only detail given is the stuff that can easily be disguised like Name and Index No - It doesn't even say if it is a trad/semi trad/cruiser.

I'll add more detail if any turns up.

I can't find the boat in the Boat Listing, which seems odd.

Hi folks a boat has been stolen out of Brinklow Marina on the north Oxford between Rugby and Coventry. This has happened in the last 2 weeks.

Sorry no photo at the moment but

It’s a 58 foot  M&N N/BTS in mainly Blue with red and white bits.

Named JESSIE 51039

No sightings by us since 21.2.18 when the owner was with the boat.

Any sightings please let the police know and let me know. No crime ref at the moment but its recorded with Warks Police

Regards

George Dickinson

Licence Support Officer

T 01908 681276        M 07747 460693

george.dickinson@canalrivertrust.org.uk

6 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I wouldn't normally post without a Police crime number and more details, but CRT man George Dickinson says Police are aware......

Sadly however the only detail given is the stuff that can easily be disguised like Name and Index No - It doesn't even say if it is a trad/semi trad/cruiser.

I'll add more detail if any turns up.

I wonder if the n/b ts is narrow boat trad stern? Not very clear though. 

1 minute ago, BWM said:

I wonder if the n/b ts is narrow boat trad stern? Not very clear though. 

Possibly - equally it could be an abbreviation of M&N Narrowboats as the builder, (or at least that's how I read it!)

5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I wonder if it was in the queue of boats at Clifton wharf waiting for the opening, there' a couple of forum members that were there.

We were there and have been thinking back but I can't remember a boat of that name 

Haven't seen her on our way to Fenny and back to Braunston although her name could be changed by now 

A photo would be useful

Haggis 

43 minutes ago, Matt&Jo said:

Stolen from a marina.......thats a worry isnt it.....you would hope a marina equals a certain degree of security

19 minutes ago, Matt&Jo said:

Hmmmmm its a worry isnt it. Tens of thousands spent and taken by some scrote....

History has tended to show that probably at least 50% of all narrow boats reported as "stolen", actually have some kind of back story that makes the actual explanation a bit less strightforward.

That's not passing any comment on this particular case, but over the years we have seen several reported as "stolen" where the actual facts proved to be otherwise.  Often the person removing it was known to the person reporting it missing............

If the index number given is correct, the boat that has been taken is a 1991 registration, so at least 27 years old, so is not going by any means to be the most expensive they could have taken from that Marina.

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

Index number is too short - I think it needs another number at the end of it

Not managed to get an update from C&RT for the boat listing - will be chasing them soon.

4 minutes ago, StephenA said:

Not managed to get an update from C&RT for the boat listing - will be chasing them soon.

It is one of the old numbers, they were 5 digits not 6

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, StephenA said:

Only if it is a post 1995 registration.  If it's an older registration it's fine.  I think that number relates to 1991.  Were "M & N" building in 1991, though?

All the numbers in the register starting 51039  are all 1 digit longer....  we have 51036 and 51040 but nothing between. Not even got anything with that number in the name (some boats for some reason have name and plate number in the name)