moorings farm land

garethaddis

Featured Posts

Hi Jen very funny lol..i am trying to find one south of Cambridge. At a reasonable  cost. And not more than two hours from margate  I can get to the Dartford crossing  in just under the hour .but where she is moored  at the broads it 3.3/4 hours drive.  Any ideas gratefully received. Regards Gareth 

23 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Its a farm mooring at Cropredy rather than Oxford specifically. I'll PM you the number rather than post it in public for the screen scapers to harvest. 

Great minds! That was the one which sprang to my mind also. From what I saw when going past last year, those farm moorings have spaces at the moment. Gareth, the one we're talking about is up a lane about 2 miles outside Cropredy, offside farm moorings, not luxury facilities but you get a landing stage, mooring bollards, a water tap, a place to park a car, a drain to empty your cassette into, and an irascible but likeable moorings landlord. Both Mike and I used to park our boats there. It's pleasantly scenic and rural, but you have to like decrepit old tractors as there will be several in attendance.

Edited by Athy

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Great minds! That was the one which sprang to my mind also. From what I saw when going past last year, those farm moorings have spaces at the moment. Gareth, the one we're talking about is up a lane about 2 miles outside Cropredy, offside farm moorings, not luxury facilities but you get a landing stage, mooring bollards, a water tap, a place to park a car, a drain to empty your cassette into, and an irascible but likeable moorings landlord. Both Mike and I used to park our boats there. It's pleasantly scenic and rural, but you have to like decrepit old tractors as there will be several in attendance.

You'd struggle to get to Cropredy in two hours from Margate!

9 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

You'd struggle to get to Cropredy in two hours from Margate!

Well, Gareth mentioned Oxford which is probably further away, hence my (and MTB's, no doubt) recommendation.

EDIT: Oh no it isn't. AA Route planner suggests 2h40 to Oxford, 2h51 to Cropredy.

Edited by Athy

Just now, Machpoint005 said:

Provided there were no 4-into-1 motorway lane closures! 

I couldn't get roof bars on a Ferrari though.

Its 170 miles Margate to those particular farm moorings with the strange surroundings and northern american gentleman and many of those are on crap roads so you would probably need roof bars to mount the jet engine on :)

9 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Its 170 miles Margate to those particular farm moorings with the strange surroundings and northern american gentleman and many of those are on crap roads so you would probably need roof bars to mount the jet engine on :)

I think I have a solution.

Don't start from Margate.

On 21/03/2018 at 08:22, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Ifyou are mooring on farm land you are doing it wrong. The boat should be in some water.

Jen

Seriously though, good luck with your search. A very wide area, so should be successful.

Of course there are well known examples of where someone has done just that!