Shower issues

Justine Lees

Featured Posts

I have a Par Max 12v 11ltr 25 psi water pump that pumps water to my sink and my shower. I have a mixer tap on my shower so I can plumb in my washing machine. Today I have no water coming to the shower -  the pump kicks in for a couple of seconds then stops. All other taps work including the washing machine when I switch the mixer tap. If I disconnect the shower pipe, the tap works but when reconnected, the pump does not kick in... Anyone have any idea what on earth is happening? It was absolutely fine until today. The pump was fitted a month ago with no incident until this morning. 

1 minute ago, Justine Lees said:

If I disconnect the shower pipe, the tap works but when reconnected, the pump does not kick in... Anyone have any idea what on earth is happening?

Blocked shower pipe then probably. If by 'shower pipe' you mean the flexible hose, the internal plastic liner is prone to collapsing. Try fitting a new hose. Or just test it by blowing down it!

Or even take it off and put it back on the other way around.

Hi guys. Thank you all for your prompt replies. Weirdly it wasn't a blockage in the shower pipe or a clogged shower head. The shower head has 4 spray settings and the first stops the water flowing for some reason! When I tried the other 3 settings the water runs freely! The only thing I didn't think to try. So have resolved the issue and am clean and fresh again! Thank you so much for your help. 

• Greenie 1