Vetus Ultrasonic Sensor issues

Lanners

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Recently fitted a replacement Vetus untrasonic sensor which wont work in the tank.

I've calibrated it off of the tank and tested by moving it towards a wall which works fine.

As soon as I put it back on the tank (tried 20% full and empty post pumpout) it just registers full!

Its a plastic vetus 215l tank, hole is as per the vetus instructions, its close to the tank wall but over the 50mm as specified by Vetus.

Anyone got any ideas?

10 minutes ago, Nickhlx said:

Reduce distance so it is under the 50mm specified by Vetus ?

????

It needs to be at least 50mm away from any walls or bulkheads. 

1 hour ago, Lanners said:

Hi all,

Recently fitted a replacement Vetus untrasonic sensor which wont work in the tank.

I've calibrated it off of the tank and tested by moving it towards a wall which works fine.

As soon as I put it back on the tank (tried 20% full and empty post pumpout) it just registers full!

Its a plastic vetus 215l tank, hole is as per the vetus instructions, its close to the tank wall but over the 50mm as specified by Vetus.

Anyone got any ideas?

If the tank is now empty, calibrate it again in situ. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just following up on this for anyone that has problems in the future, after calibrating many times, it turns out the sensor is faulty, I got the imporession from Vetus that its a common fault, and they just dont work, they sent me an old school float one which now works perfectly :)