Live aboard in york

Anke

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Couldn't you get someone to crane your boat into a nearby field? A mooring on the Ouse amounts to the same thing but you'll just get there a little earlier. ;)

I think that on occasion the River Ouse will do that for you - no need to hire a crane.

11 hours ago, Anke said:

I am looking for good mooring around York for 52 ft narrowboat

There are Marinas at York on the River Ouse, Boroughbridge on the Ure and at Ripon, a quick look at their web sites only shows Ripon having residential moorings.

Tim

54 minutes ago, Jerra said:

This must be turning out to be a really helpful thread for the OP who seems to have joined just to ask the question.  Sadly I have no knowledge of the area.

Maybe it is because the Op's post appeared to be a statement of intent rather than a request for help?

Howard

55 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

There are Marinas at York on the River Ouse, Boroughbridge on the Ure and at Ripon, a quick look at their web sites only shows Ripon having residential moorings.

Tim

York Marina might not have residential moorings but they do have permanent liveaboards. 

1 hour ago, pearley said:

York Marina might not have residential moorings but they do have permanent liveaboards. 

How terrible!! The worlds full on weirdos!! fancy living on a boat how stupid is that they must all be freezing in the winter.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

How terrible!! The worlds full on weirdos!! fancy living on a boat how stupid is that they must all be freezing in the winter.

Ah yes, that question. 

I sometimes just agree with people when they ask me that now. "Yes it's freezing in my boat, can't wait for summer"...

• Happy 1

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Not nessa celery, some have multifuel stoves and a very clever bit of kit on top of the fire, it blows warm air from the fire everywhere. Keep your windows closed or you will cause global warming.

2 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Not nessa celery, some have multifuel stoves and a very clever bit of kit on top of the fire, it blows warm air from the fire everywhere. Keep your windows closed or you will cause global warming.

Blimey thats a good idea..........what is the bit of kit called? B)

7 hours ago, Jerra said:

Do you really feel somebody joins a forum just to make a statement?

Not necessarily, although it has happened occasionally, so that is why I said the OP's appeared to be a statement.  Have I passed?:(

Howard

7 hours ago, Jerra said:

Do you really feel somebody joins a forum just to make a statement?

Of course not.

Newcomers usually join a forum to be included.  To do so they usually say things like .......

Hi All ...

I'm a newcomer with a problem ......

These are my needs if anyone can help please.

Has anyone ever tried going into a doctor's surgery for the very first time and saying to him/her ......?

" I am looking to have good health around here"

5 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

Newcomers usually join a forum to be included.  To do so they usually say things like .......

Hi All ...

I'm a newcomer with a problem ......

These are my needs if anyone can help please.

Indeed. 

I think 'the magic word ' in particular missing from the OP is what lead to much of the ribbing.