Water point not working at Calcutt

Canal Cuttings

Featured Posts

Just come up to get the boat ready for trip at Easter, but can't fill the water tanks as the tap at Calcutt top lock is not working.  Tap turns but no water.  Too **** snowy to mess around going to another water point if that is closed as well!  Anyone any idea why it is not working?  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Graham and Jo said:

I'm sure no one would mind this time of year.

I mind this time of year - it's supposed to be spring!  No objections to anyone pausing to fill up though.

3 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I'd gather snow with a little shovel and tip it in the tank. :closedeyes:

... being very careful not to scrape up any little doggy messages with the snow.

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Its been -1 here all day (dunno about Calcutt) our tap hasn't frozen, and often doesn't until about -5 outside temp.

It only got below freezing this afternoon here ....one mile from Calcutta....so no taps freezing yet......but give it a few hours.......

We filled up this morning.

1 hour ago, Canal Cuttings said:

Thanks for all the advice.  Having defrosted enough to investigate further, we've found a second tap hidden in a box at the back which turns on the tap at the front.  Not used to these new stainless steel water points!

technology

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

It only got below freezing this afternoon here ....one mile from Calcutta....so no taps freezing yet......but give it a few hours.......

We filled up this morning.

Im surprised its that cold in Calcutta. 

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I mind this time of year - it's supposed to be spring!  No objections to anyone pausing to fill up though.

... being very careful not to scrape up any little doggy messages dog shit with the snow.

Blimey you sound like my mother! 

I've amended your post for clarity ;) 

4 hours ago, Canal Cuttings said:

Thanks for all the advice.  Having defrosted enough to investigate further, we've found a second tap hidden in a box at the back which turns on the tap at the front.  Not used to these new stainless steel water points!

Annoying that it has been replaced with one of the new ones, as the old one had 2 taps.  Looks like someone had turned the new one off by the isolator that can be separately locked off, not that there are any locks on this one anyway.  Assuming the water is still off in the marina we will hopefully be filling up there.