Revenge of the Beast from the East (Part 2)

blackrose

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

But its NOT winter innitt!!!!!!! Its SUMMER :D

ehh? how did you work that out.

traditionally summer is June July August.  spring is March April May

alternatively if you simply divide the year into winter and summer, June 21 is midsummer's day so 6 months of summer is from 21 March to 21 Sept (equinox to equinox), but meteorologists would say that the physical seasons lag by 6 weeks behind the calendar, so the weather is wintry until early May.

5 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

ehh? how did you work that out.

Keep up at the back..................

Summer cruises start 1st March - ask Mrsmelly, he's been banging on about it for months !!

Subsequently it has become a forum 'ongoing joke'.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Happy 1

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Keep up at the back..................

Summer cruises start 1st March - ask Mrsmelly, he's been banging on about it for months !!

Subsequently it has become a forum 'ongoing joke'.

It was summer yesterday. Well nearly!

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

I've just done an hour and a half boating moving from Wolseley Bridge to Tixall Wide, the last part from the junction was done in a bit of a whiteout, made it interesting trying to line up for the bridge.

Will give you a wave tomorrow if i see you going past ... i am just the other side of stafford :) 

Rick

1 hour ago, dccruiser said:

Will give you a wave tomorrow if i see you going past ... i am just the other side of stafford :) 

Rick

We will be winding in the morning and heading back in to Great Haywood. I chickened out on turning when we arrived as I had a vision of ending up on the offside in the reeds given the high wind.

Just now, tree monkey said:

Same in Cov.

it's not MrSmellys fault it's that chap Nightwatch,  his ecofan has broke down and it's no longer moving all that hot air

Nightwatch's broken fan is simply another symptom of the jinx caused by MrSmelly.

1 hour ago, Halsey said:

6" here in Leominster and still snowing hard - yes I do know there isn't a canal in Leominster - I'm sure I saw that duck though - perhaps he was flying south for the winter!

There may not be a canal in Leominster, but it's near Ludlow - we're supposed to be heading to Ludlow tomorrow morning (by train) for a 4 night break. So your post was very useful. Thank you!

• Happy 1

1 hour ago, Halsey said:

6" here in Leominster and still snowing hard - yes I do know there isn't a canal in Leominster - I'm sure I saw that duck though - perhaps he was flying south for the winter!

Not true ........ there is of course the Leominster Canal

15 hours ago, Rob-M said:

We will be winding in the morning and heading back in to Great Haywood. I chickened out on turning when we arrived as I had a vision of ending up on the offside in the reeds given the high wind.

If the wind there this morning is like here you will struggle! I moved earlier and it was horrendous trying to steer ... lots of snow as well and according to my weather app feels like -9 with the wind chill and I can well believe it! 

Rick