Price Fallows Shell

rawsondsr

Featured Posts

It may be considered blasphemy by some, but I believe that the way a boat has been maintained over its life is more important than who the builder was.

Any builders boat, if kept in a marina with 'stray electrical worms' floating about will / can be deeply pitted, if the top-sides are not painted and protected there will be corrosion.

It doesn't have to be an 'old boat' to be a problem boat.

What age is it, where has it been kept, has it been 'plugged in' with a land-line, what maintenance has it had ?

Price Fallows are traditionally an Agricultural fabricator (manufacturing trailers, buckets, ballast weights etc) and decided to partially diversify into boats - about 9 years ago, so they should have had time to 'get it right'.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It may be considered blasphemy by some, but I believe that the way a boat has been maintained over its life is more important than who the builder was.

Not blasphemy at all. I think you are absolutely correct. Dry and painted inside, painted everywhere that water can touch it outside = years of service. Price Fallows boats are not terrifically exciting looking but perfectly well built so far as I know.  Just out of interest are there any really bad hull builders? Don't need to name names or create some sort of undeserved reputation but poor welding/ genuinely awful steel?

Yes, there are/were several bad boys around. Thankfully they go bust regularly, trouble is they pop up again like daisies.

Hulls with no weld inside in places, longer on one side than the other, bulkheads front and back not parallel or welded all round, and the inevitable banana boats.