engineer for Mikuni MX40

conkleton

Featured Posts

Hello all,

Sorry to make my first post a request like this, but I’m desperately trying to find someone who can bring a Mikuni MX40 diesel heater back to life for me. Is anybody able to point me in the direction of an engineer with knowledge of this unit who’d be able to do a call out to my boat in London?

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me.

The unit had previously been starting up to the point that I could feel air being pushed out of the exhaust, but would then fail to ignite. 

Whilst trying to get it working the other evening I got the 7 lights telling me to change the spark plug, which I did. This didn’t seem to make any difference and eventually it stopped trying to start at all, with three warning lights indicating thermistor failure. 

Messing around with something I thought might be the thermistor I managed to accidentally snap a couple of little wires off, so the one thing I know for sure is that that bit is definitely broken.