Middlewich Branch breach - Shropshire Union

lostnortherner

Featured Posts

I don't have a reverse problem nor am I "moaning" that's uncalled for. Please keep a friendly and civil conversation on topic. What is RLWP please? The Urban Dictionary entry makes no sense.

Its not true I know nothing, my info is spot on. We shall see whether they can manage a repair within the time scale.

• 1 month later...
On 17/08/2018 at 17:23, Boater Sam said:

That's 5 months of good weather wasted on pointless wildlife searches, filming badgers which need to be culled anyway, watching birds feed their young and holding out the begging bowl without any real result.

Can I ask why the wildlife searches are pointless?   Also a point of information, DEFRA and various academic studies have proved the badger cull only makes things worse.   The cull is purely there to keep the farmers onside and voting.

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

Can I ask why the wildlife searches are pointless?   Also a point of information, DEFRA and various academic studies have proved the badger cull only makes things worse.   The cull is purely there to keep the farmers onside and voting.

And Cheshire has just been added to the list of areas to cull.  Despite the well-known evidence that culling increases badger movements and so increases the spread of the disease.

I have not seen any reports which suggest that the habitat studies delayed the repair project 5 months, or even at all. They were, as i read it, conducted during the early phase when preparations for the main restoration were taking place. Long gone are the days of gung ho workers charging in and tackling the breach without any planning. You may regret the fact, but due consideration has to be given to all sorts of matters and, in most cases, legal agreements needed for access. Whenever did they come speedily? However, even old style craftsmen have the phrase 'cut once, measure twice'  or, in my case measure thrice or fourth. If you have ever been involved in a major building project on a listed building you will know just how unpredictable the timescales can be.

On 13/08/2018 at 20:43, Boater Sam said:

Intuitive, an inspired guess if you like, with its foundation in local hearsay and loose talk.

The supposition is pretty accurate as far as I know.

Which causes me once again to question why the repair will be allowed to take so long.

Taking a large sum weekly for no outlay or loss and gaining a new roadway where there was a muddy track for nothing seems to be an excessively good deal to me.

one might say any charges he makes to CRT will include loss of his field and loss of any earnings that field would of brought.

including the flood damage from when the leak started.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, The Ents said:

‘Tis was Tuesday. Lower dam removed, removing upper dam which also carried the vehicle access ramp.

The water is just a measure of the rain we’ve had!

Mike.

265EDD61-DC8E-4B00-9AA5-FFD2B00C7D7F.jpeg

Now there's a welcome sight!  Thanks for posting the photo Mike.  :)

• Greenie 1