max's son

Featured Posts

Today sees the launch of Heather Wastie's book "The Muck and Shovel Brigade" which documents in poems and pictures the completion of the Mid-Worcestershire Ring canal system following the restoration of the Droitwich Canals, their journey from an overgrown and unloved place to the lively network it is today and was a labour of love for hundreds of volunteers over several decades.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/online.pubhtml5.com/cyym/nnrt/index.html#p=1

The book is part of The Ring is a major new arts programme celebrating the historic 21-mile Worcestershire circular canal that flows through the urban and rural landscapes of Worcester and Droitwich.

https://theringart.org.uk/

Heather Wastie has been involved with canals since she was a child with her family on ex-working boat Laurel, getting involved in campaigns with her father, Alan T Smith, who was awarded an MBE for his services to inland waterways.

8 hours ago, max's son said:

Today sees the launch of Heather Wastie's book "The Muck and Shovel Brigade" which documents in poems and pictures the completion of the Mid-Worcestershire Ring canal system following the restoration of the Droitwich Canals, their journey from an overgrown and unloved place to the lively network it is today and was a labour of love for hundreds of volunteers over several decades.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/online.pubhtml5.com/cyym/nnrt/index.html#p=1

The book is part of The Ring is a major new arts programme celebrating the historic 21-mile Worcestershire circular canal that flows through the urban and rural landscapes of Worcester and Droitwich.

https://theringart.org.uk/

Heather Wastie has been involved with canals since she was a child with her family on ex-working boat Laurel, getting involved in campaigns with her father, Alan T Smith, who was awarded an MBE for his services to inland waterways.

I think I must have been sat across from you at the launch.  I will be taking the working boat from Gloucester to Droitwich with Katy's salt based art work.

30 minutes ago, Allan(nb Albert) said:

I'm not really into the arts. However, Antony Gormleys sculpture set besides a lock on the Stratford Canal, at Lowsonford, Warwickshire has convinced me that art has a place on our waterways.

17128780554_5d7625b5e9_b.jpg

I didn't know "the stig" liked canals. Does he operate the lock gear 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I think I must have been sat across from you at the launch.  I will be taking the working boat from Gloucester to Droitwich with Katy's salt based art work.

I hope you enjoyed the evening, it is nice to see the hard work of the volunteers still being recognised, without them there would be no ring

Hope to see you on your trip in May with Katy

• 1 month later...
On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 07:43, max's son said:

I hope you enjoyed the evening, it is nice to see the hard work of the volunteers still being recognised, without them there would be no ring

Hope to see you on your trip in May with Katy

Hi Rob

Hope to be in Vines Park on the 6th to see the barge  mean narrowboat arrive with the salt pavilion

When will you be coming through Worcester?

for others here info on the transportation of salt from Gloucester to Droitwich    https://theringart.org.uk/events/saltways-arrival-salt-workshops/?utm_sq=fqphdhza40&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=theringworcs&utm_content=self+promotion

2 minutes ago, max's son said:

Hi Rob

Hope to be in Vines Park on the 6th to see the barge  mean narrowboat arrive with the salt pavilion

When will you be coming through Worcester?

for others here info on the transportation of salt from Gloucester to Droitwich   https://theringart.org.uk/events/saltways-arrival-salt-workshops/?utm_sq=fqphdhza40&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=theringworcs&utm_content=self+promotion

Hi Max, the plan is to leave Gloucester next Friday around lunchtime, stopping overnight in Tewkesbury. We will leave Tewkesbury Saturday morning and will pass through Worcester somewhere between 1pm and 2pm Saturday afternoon. The intention is to pick Katy up in Worcester. We will then overnight at the bottom end of the Droitwich, moving up to Vines Park Sunday to arrive for 11am.

Hope to see you there.

Hi Rob

I am Ian my dad was Max Sinclair who started the Droitwich restoration I might see you in Worcester Saturday afternoon where are you meeting Katy?

I will have to have words with Katy not doing the whole trip

Cheers 

Ian

Apologies, I knew you were Ian.

The plan is for us to try and get on the floating pontoon before the Worcester Birmingham junction to pick Katy up. I think the planned early start from Tewkesbury put her off doing the whole day.

thanks Rob I know the pontoons I designed the earthworks when I worked for Taylor Wimpey on the diglis development 

I might cycle down 

you stopping at the Camp  Saturday night, that's where we moored when we did the ring with dad after the opening

Cheers

Ian

8 minutes ago, max's son said:

image.png.819dd41233db8c10c6dad9239edfba33.png

Scorpio waiting to be loaded with salt in Gloucester to travel to Droitwich 

Hope the river doesn't rise to high

Picture from twitter @thering

Katy's project arrives in Gloucester tomorrow ready for loading on Friday.  Keeping my eye on the river levels especially after today's rain. Forecast is good for the weekend.