MOBILE PUMP OUT BOATS SERVICE

Nessa

Featured Posts

There is a chap called Warren who runs a mobile pump out boat based in Apsley but covering a stretch of the southern grand union. Think the boat is something like Nb Piccot. Sorry i dont know more, being an elsan boat I never looked into his services or how to get in touch. Try on the London boaters Facebook or Google?

1 hour ago, philjw said:

I suggested that earlier but it seems to have been dismissed.

Well it was a good idea we both had, so one has to wonder whether no-one around there has a serviceable engine and hence we should marvel at just how very patient CRT are being.

Perhaps it's all just a matter of convenience? 

4 hours ago, Dave123 said:

There is a chap called Warren who runs a mobile pump out boat based in Apsley but covering a stretch of the southern grand union. Think the boat is something like Nb Piccot. Sorry i dont know more, being an elsan boat I never looked into his services or how to get in touch. Try on the London boaters Facebook or Google?

His number a couple of years ago was 07779 114956 . Probably still the same.

6 hours ago, Señor Chris said:

I once spent about 6 weeks on a river section without sanitary facilities. I'm sure there must be other remote parts of the system that are similar.

How many cassettes to a pump-out?

Not being pedantic but there isnt a river section in this country that would take 6 weeks to cruise along so surely you just moored on a river for several weeks without any sanitary facilities ... Just as i could find a stretch of canal between stations and moor for several weeks then say i moored on a canal section with no sanitary facilities!

I have 3 cassettes aboard and very rarely use the second one and the third i think has only been used once in the last 2 years, but then I wouldnt have a pump out as i dont like the thought of having a tank of crap on the boat, so conversely i never carry a full cassette any longer than i have to. 

Rick

• Happy 1

8 hours ago, Nessa said:

The thing is that we have to remove this toilet system and for that we need to empty.

Its a bit complicated situation so this is the only option I have. 

Are you saying your engine failure can't be fixed without removing the (full) pump-out tank? If so it looks as though we have a case here of unstoppable force meets immovable object.

Hopefully you can find a pump-out boat to visit you but if not, your options are 1) tow the boat to a pump out station, 2) devise a fix without removing the tank. If you can't achieve any of these solutions then this looks like the end of living on a boat for you. 

1 hour ago, dccruiser said:

Not being pedantic but there isnt a river section in this country that would take 6 weeks to cruise along so surely you just moored on a river for several weeks without any sanitary facilities ... Just as i could find a stretch of canal between stations and moor for several weeks then say i moored on a canal section with no sanitary facilities!

True but in this case, a visit to the sani would have taken a day for the round trip, in winter and require booking CRT 48hrs in advance to operate the 2 locks twice each. I can carry enough water/coal/gas/diesel for at least 6 weeks so it makes sense to have waste storage to match.

15 hours ago, Nessa said:

The thing is that we have to remove this toilet system and for that we need to empty.

Its a bit complicated situation so this is the only option I have. 

Did you read this suggestion Rusty made before you wrote the above?

15 hours ago, rusty69 said:

If you have an elsan nearby,a cheap Porta potti may work as a substitute until your engine is fixed.

Basic ones are pretty cheap, so it would allow you to get the engine sorted (the most important fitting on any boat, surely) before you go ripping out your pump out tank.

After all, what are you going to use for sanitary facilities  once your tank is empty and you begin to dismantle it?

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

6 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Elsan full batteries flat gas run out water tank empty diesel run out  licence due  14 days up put on eBay...

And all without commas.lol.

Neil.

4 hours ago, Señor Chris said:

True but in this case, a visit to the sani would have taken a day for the round trip, in winter and require booking CRT 48hrs in advance to operate the 2 locks twice each. I can carry enough water/coal/gas/diesel for at least 6 weeks so it makes sense to have waste storage to match.

You need a bigger tank of mood nearer a pump out then.

Neil.