MOBILE PUMP OUT BOATS SERVICE

Nessa

Featured Posts

Hi there,

well I didn't know exactly where to fit this post but here we go!

so as mentioned above in the title, does anyone knows about mobile boats in London canal who does pump out services??

I need it urgently as I can't move the boat for a while, had some issues with the engine.

Any advice??

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Nessa said:

Hi there,

well I didn't know exactly where to fit this post but here we go!

so as mentioned above in the title, does anyone knows about mobile boats in London canal who does pump out services??

I need it urgently as I can't move the boat for a while, had some issues with the engine.

Any advice??

Thanks!

Sorry no help, but there must be an answer somewhere as there are so many boats in London that have 'engine problems' and cannot move, for some reason the proportion appears to be much higher than the rest of the country - weird !!!

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

Do you know any friendly neighbouring boat owners who could tow you to the nearest facility?  Is it a service that might be available from one of the firms which provide site toilets e.g. Davlav?  They use kit on the back of flat back trucks so you would need to get to road access.

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Proper boat bog needed.

We all know that is what the OP (and any sensible boater) should have, however she has what she has and is now stuck with it.
Those that install pump-outs do not show any fore-thought or understanding of boats - however this is all of no help to the OP.

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

We all know that is what the OP (and any sensible boater) should have, however she has what she has and is now stuck with it.
Those that install pump-outs do not show any fore-thought or understanding of boats - however this is all of no help to the OP.

Yep I am soon going to have a full pumpout tank due to floods but I already know they are toys so I have a proper boat bog onboard already ;)

32 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Worth asking on the London boater facebook page perhaps.

If you have an elsan nearby,a cheap Porta potti may work as a substitute until your engine is fixed.

The thing is that we have to remove this toilet system and for that we need to empty.

Its a bit complicated situation so this is the only option I have. 

I know I've seen a pump out boat on the GU in west London, and can't remember whether it was Baron, which is listed (with phone no. Oh Seven 791 345004) on this site as covering right through London:

http://www.lock13.co.uk/

They give a list of boats selling coal, diesel etc. which they say was last updated in January, so it's hopefully accurate.

11 minutes ago, Peter X said:

I know I've seen a pump out boat on the GU in west London, and can't remember whether it was Baron, which is listed (with phone no. Oh Seven 791 345004) on this site as covering right through London:

http://www.lock13.co.uk/

They give a list of boats selling coal, diesel etc. which they say was last updated in January, so it's hopefully accurate.

Oh cool I'll give a try.

Thanks! :)

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Those that install pump-outs do not show any fore-thought or understanding of boats

Maybe they'd foreseen the fact that not everyone wishes to limit their boat use to a few days reach of an elsan, in which case a pump-out is the more sensible option.

1 minute ago, Señor Chris said:

Maybe they'd foreseen the fact that not everyone wishes to limit their boat use to a few days reach of an elsan, in which case a pump-out is the more sensible option.

I don't think I have ever had a single day cruising on the canals without passing at least one 'sanitary station'.

I suppose if you want to stay in one place for many days then you do need a number of 'spare' cassettes.

4 minutes ago, Señor Chris said:

You are only limited by the amount of spare cassettes you have.

16 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't think I have ever had a single day cruising on the canals without passing at least one 'sanitary station'.

I once spent about 6 weeks on a river section without sanitary facilities. I'm sure there must be other remote parts of the system that are similar.

24 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You are only limited by the amount of spare cassettes you have.

How many cassettes to a pump-out?

5 minutes ago, Señor Chris said:

I once spent about 6 weeks on a river section without sanitary facilities. I'm sure there must be other remote parts of the system that are similar.

How many cassettes to a pump-out?

Spose it depends how big your pump out is. Worst case scenario, you can always take a cassette to an elsan on a trolley/bike/car. Like to see you do that with a pump out:)

Edited by rusty69

My river experience is mainly on the Trent & I would think that on the Trent there are sanitary stations about 2 or 3 hours apart - maybe a little more on the tidal section.

I'm sure you are correct that there are some examples of poorly serviced waterways, but would suggest that that is not the norm for the majority of the waterways.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I find it easier to take it by boat!

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I expect the OP would too,if they could.

It looks as if the OP does not agree ;

2 hours ago, Nessa said:

The thing is that we have to remove this toilet system and for that we need to empty.

Its a bit complicated situation so this is the only option I have. 

7 minutes ago, Señor Chris said:

I find it easier to take it by boat!

....and me. I do find it easy to get a pump out every 4 weeks rather than carry cassettes two or three times a week, sometimes quite a distance (ie our Marina). Much easier to take it there in a boat as you say. I doubt if we are going to win this one:( but I'm happy.:)