Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Biggles

Boat Dating

Featured Posts

Does anyone know of any boat dating sites?  Having been separated for a year and almost divorced now I think its time to start looking for a new "crew mate".

I'm sure this is going to bring out the funsters amoungst you, but if it can be kept sort of on topic.  I guess I'm not the only one thinking this.

I'll start and hopefully finish the nonsense with the old joke..... Man seeks lady with boat.  Please send picture of boat. 

Or if you are a lady reading this PM me.

Biggles

30 minutes ago, Biggles said:

Does anyone know of any boat dating sites?  Having been separated for a year and almost divorced now I think its time to start looking for a new "crew mate".

I'm sure this is going to bring out the funsters amoungst you, but if it can be kept sort of on topic.  I guess I'm not the only one thinking this.

I'll start and hopefully finish the nonsense with the old joke..... Man seeks lady with boat.  Please send picture of boat. 

Biggles

I think there are a few NB specific sites on FB

We met a guy in France (called Serge) who paid for a companion.

She was a Polish lady, a qualified teacher, who 'earned' more being a companion than she would as a teacher back home.

Pretty extraordinary set-up. She traveled for six months with the French guy but had a young son and made periodic visits home. She was attractive and intelligent and if they hadn't told us of their peculiar relationship we would never have known they were not a regular couple.

Probably not the answer for you but it may get you thinking out of the box (so to speak).

5 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Is your boat wanting to date a boy boat or a girl boat? 

One of my boats may be interested....

My boat is looking for a lady boat. 

40 minutes ago, Boaty Jo said:

We met a guy in France (called Serge) who paid for a companion.

She was a Polish lady, a qualified teacher, who 'earned' more being a companion than she would as a teacher back home.

Pretty extraordinary set-up. She traveled for six months with the French guy but had a young son and made periodic visits home. She was attractive and intelligent and if they hadn't told us of their peculiar relationship we would never have known they were not a regular couple.

Probably not the answer for you but it may get you thinking out of the box (so to speak).

My boat is based in France. I'm not sure that sort of arrangement would work for me. 

We had a guy here in Mercia for a couple of years who used one of the dating sites for mature people (don't know which one) with a lot of success. Mind you, he had a few adventures as a result...

Best of luck with it, hope it turns out well for you.

I wish I could find someone but unfortunately:-

- I have a cat - he doesn't like other people until he does, then he won't leave them alone.

- I play in an Irish band which means both weekends i'm out playing somewhere

- I live on board and am not moving into a flipping house. One guy wanted me to move to AUS with him er no.

Perhaps I should go on the undateables.

15 hours ago, Biggles said:

if it can be kept sort of on topic

Perhaps the right person isn't necessarily boat mad (yet...)?

4 hours ago, tafelberg said:

I wish I could find someone but unfortunately:

Relationships are all about compromise.

When the Memsahib wants my opinion, she'll tell me what it is. 

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎13 at 20:41, Biggles said:

Biggles

20171018_160117.jpg

This lady is free, naa just kidding,

I meet a nice lady last summer, was going very well for 2 month, then she decided she didn't have time for an relationship, was a bit strange after she had been talking about what to do during the fall, and Winter vacation. She was very good to talk to and we had a lot incommon but ...

I still have Olivia II as my love.

Having to pay for Company seems wrong, or paying for love, better with a paying crew then.

Edited by Dalslandia

On 3/13/2018 at 19:41, Biggles said:

Biggles

It would be a good excuse to go to the pub. iirc most people over the years met in the pub or nightclub or something does that not still happen? Come to think of it I met my first and the present wife in a pub.

Edited by mrsmelly

Back on topic: a year out and not quite divorced, tread carefully. You will have baggage you are unaware of, so will your prospective other. 

When I split up with Val, I now realise I was trying to fill a Val shaped hole. It didn't work. Thankfully I didn't hurt myself or anyone else the process and the three "datees" of that period are still friends. 

Then came the Songbird: not a canal enthusiast but a singer-songwriter. However Sara made a significant part of the endless trip on Lutine with me, and we have travelled to France and the US together. Ireland is on this year's plan. Boats and music in some combination. 

The odd thing is Sara is not my girlfriend - it's the baggage thing. Yet it works, and has for four years so far. We don't project our hopes and fears onto each other, we just get in with it. Possibly the most profound and romantic moment of my life so far was with Sara, singing "Woodstock" in Woodstock. 

We met after I'd spoken at a council meeting. Will it last? Dunno, but then my marriage didn't either, and I loved Val deeply. 

Just be open to opportunity, be kind and gracious when it arrives, don't get in deeper than is wise, and see where it leads you. If you had told me that a radio interview after a council meeting would lead to Woodstock and the Erie Canal I'd have said you were bonkers. But it did.