Community Owned Moorings in Scotland

IainW

Featured Posts

Hi folks,

We have a project up in Scotland to establish a network of moorings independent of Scottish Canals. We want busier canals and more choice for where to moor. Check out www.communitymoorings.com if you're interested.

We are doing some research to help us understand the pleasures and challenges of various alternative lifestyles, so not just boating, to get ourselves into the mindset of our potential customers.

So we have a survey which we would really appreciate 5 minutes of your time to fill out:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CMSlifestyler

Thanks in advance! Feel free to ask any questions about the project here too...

Hi Ronnie, i tried to delete spam messages but there were sooo many. If i turn on comment filtering, what does that do?

We will lease land from Scottish Canals and other landowners. Scottish Canals often own strips of land along the canal.

The pilot site is Narrowboat Farm which i bought from an existing farm. So we can use the land adjoining Scottish Canal's strip of land. The idea would be to develop a model that would be attractive to farmers and other landowners with land by the canal.

edit - i've just turned off commenting, seems easier

Edited by IainW

41 minutes ago, IainW said:

Hi Ronnie, i tried to delete spam messages but there were sooo many. If i turn on comment filtering, what does that do?

I'm not sure if it's Wordpress you're using (I think it is), but turning on comment filtering might pull the comments through Akismet which will catch the crap and bin it for you. Failing that you might need to manually show/delete comments. One other thing would be to use a CAPTCHA on the comments to stop the spam bots.

42 minutes ago, IainW said:

We will lease land from Scottish Canals and other landowners. Scottish Canals often own strips of land along the canal.

The pilot site is Narrowboat Farm which i bought from an existing farm. So we can use the land adjoining Scottish Canal's strip of land. The idea would be to develop a model that would be attractive to farmers and other landowners with land by the canal.

I see. It's definitely something I'll keep an eye on. I hope you can get land near Glasgow. :)

cheers Ronnie, please stay in touch. There is a specific survey for Scottish boaters where you can put in your preference of land near Glasgow - we are listening! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/cmsboat

A boater also recently contacted me about land near Glasgow, feel free to send a private message about that.