Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Nightwatch

A good Single Malt?

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, artleknock said:

A wee dram to a Scotsman means the same as you do when you say to your wife "I'm just going for a pint with the lads."

Ah NOW I understand!

Also a bit like "I'm just going on the computer for ten minutes to see what's happening on the forum, dear..."

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Stilllearning said:

The size of a measure is perhaps infinitely variable :)

My late father told the story of when in the Med on board a grey funnel line ship, they were hailed by a retired admiral RN on his yacht. He invited himself on board for a tot in the mess, and when asked how much he said just two fingers, and held out his hand, which only had the index and little fingers....it was a large tot!

My Dad did tell me the admiral’s name but I have forgotten it, but it was a German sounding name, though the man was definitely a Brit. Any other ex RN members who have heard this story? Apparently he was notorious for doing this to any passing Navy ship. The story probably dates from the 50s or 60s.

I have heard similar stories of people with missing fingers indicating 'sippers' etc. Not,though,a retired Admiral. Good dit though. Feasible very feasible.

My late father told the story of when in the Med on board a grey funnel line ship, they were hailed by a retired admiral RN on his yacht. He invited himself on board for a tot in the mess, and when asked how much he said just two fingers, and held out his hand, which only had the index and little fingers....it was a large tot!

My Dad did tell me the admiral’s name but I have forgotten it, but it was a German sounding name, though the man was definitely a Brit. Any other ex RN members who have heard this story? Apparently he was notorious for doing this to any passing Navy ship. The story probably dates from the 50s or 60s.

I have heard similar stories of people with missing fingers indicating 'sippers' etc. Not,though,a retired Admiral. Good dit though. Feasible very feasible.