Stolen Boat

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Station someone at the three locks to trap em and keep em contained. Norwood top lock, Cowley lock and Hampstead road lock. Meanwhile cruise up and down until found.  These boats are trailable though.

Worth trying the M25 as well then?

10 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

Worth trying the M25 as well then?

And the M4

If the 3 people stationed at the locks mentioned all walked or cycled towards each other they're bound to find it, providing its not aready escaped through one of those locks.

Sherlock Holmes would have dispatched his street urchin friends to find it, for a florin each, in the manner I described. And when found called in Lestrade of the yard.

Edited by bizzard

19 minutes ago, bizzard said:

And the M4

If the 3 people stationed at the locks mentioned all walked or cycled towards each other they're bound to find it, providing its not aready escaped through one of those locks.

3 days may be

boat stolen between Fridy 4pm and Monday 3pm from Alperton winter moorings in west London. Springer 24ft inboard engine 'Lucy' Index No,53276. It could be anywhere west or east of the city. Please share and help him to get his boat back. Tel 07899898115 if you have any information please. It now has a black crèche cover over the back

Nothing to do with me , but i saw this on another site and hoped some of you guys may be able to help....

Rick

stolen boat.jpg

Has this been reported to the police, is there a crime number? Unless the answer is yes to both, I'm afraid people will be chary of helping. All too often these reports turn out to be ownership disputes rather than theft.

57 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Cor , that was confusing ( the merging of threads)........ if you hadn't caught up with the original. Even more fun if we had voting buttons!

There's probably a PhD topic in Human Computer Interfacing somewhere in there!

To get back on topic, I hope that between us and the FB groups we can track this one down.

This is likely to be high end professional thieves stealing exotica to order. It's probably already in Monaco with a new name and a cloned CRT number.

In other words (and more seriously), it's not high value enough and not easy enough to fence for anyone to go to a lot of trouble like craneage and road haulage. I expect Bizzard is correct and it's just a stones throw away, possibly with some Herbert bodging a revised paint job. Sherlock Holmes needn't be troubled as the answer lies in shoe leather or a cycle ride.

8 hours ago, dccruiser said:

boat stolen between Fridy 4pm and Monday 3pm from Alperton winter moorings in west London. Springer 24ft inboard engine 'Lucy' Index No,53276. It could be anywhere west or east of the city. Please share and help him to get his boat back. Tel 07899898115 if you have any information please. It now has a black crèche cover over the back

Nothing to do with me , but i saw this on another site and hoped some of you guys may be able to help....

Rick

stolen boat.jpg

And still the boat has a CRECHE cover on the  back. 

23 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Seems a strange thing to steal.

Narrowboats do go missing from time to time, though they are usually found quite quickly. Perhaps the owners of an expensive 57-footer generally take more stringent safety precautions than the owners of an elderly 24-foot Springer, making the latter easier to appropriate.

Unfortunately there's a possible worst case here, that someone half-inched it on Friday evening, removed the registration number, painted it somewhere in west London overnight, and after three and a half days of serious boating with an accomplice to do the locks it could be as far up the GU as about Stoke Bruerne by now.

A very tidy looking small Springer.

It's an unusually small boat to get stolen - most that are seem to be considerably larger.

I guess the issue here is that with a not particularly large HIAB equipped lorry this could be very quickly out of the water, and now well hidden away at some location miles from any canal.

Its been found here is the message that announced it

It is and boat recovered. Please thank everyone. Sadly boat has been stripped of everything. Trashed and just to rub salt in the wounds the fire extinguishers set off in the boat. Has to be boaters as very heavy wooden boxes and generator amongst things taken. Can't say much more as police forensics involved. Please pass on owners thanks to everyone looking.