Oil pressure switch.

Nessa

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

There are many BMC engines, old truck engines, various Land Rover engines and several Taxi engines, all will take some different parts.

Can the poster please send a photo taken straight down on top of the engine from which we can be sure?

1,5  BMC diesels from Austin Cambridges and J series vans to the 1.8 Sherpa all take 1/8 BSP (British Standard Pipe ) thread oil switches.

Sounds like its a Land Rover engine, most of these had 3/8 BSP thread, possibly a 2.25 litre unit.

I think you mean 3/8" BSF.  3/8 BSP is enormous for an oil switch.  The Lucas SOB 400 which matches the op's part no. (w519864) is specified for Land Rovers from 1954 - 1984 and is sealed with a washer so not a tapered thread. 

5 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

That is why I asked for a photo of the engine days ago. The OP will have a hard time if the engine has been misidentified.

I doubt that the op's engine is Land Rover as she confirmed that the switch screwed directly into the block. The switch is definitely  used in LR engines but they all screw into the filter housing. As we still have not confirmed the engine type the best option is to fit the same part no. that came out I would have thought. It's a pity the op can't be bothered to confirm the engine type or at least post a picture.

Edited by Flyboy