Mobile broadband abroad

jenevers

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, john6767 said:

Thanks! The Three website is appalling. I've found pages which say you can or you can't run a hotspot. I shall call into their shop tomorrow and see if I can change my contract. Wish me luck!

Martin/

17 hours ago, Onewheeler said:

Thanks! The Three website is appalling. I've found pages which say you can or you can't run a hotspot. I shall call into their shop tomorrow and see if I can change my contract. Wish me luck!

The Three interpretation of that ("Our Advanced plans let you use Feel At Home Around the World in 71 destinations, at no extra cost. You can also use your phone as a Personal Hotspot, and call free from your mobile to Customer Services") is that it means you can roam, and use a personal hotspot in the UK. Mendaciously ambiguous? A discussion with the ASA might be in order.

29 minutes ago, Onewheeler said:

The Three interpretation of that ("Our Advanced plans let you use Feel At Home Around the World in 71 destinations, at no extra cost. You can also use your phone as a Personal Hotspot, and call free from your mobile to Customer Services") is that it means you can roam, and use a personal hotspot in the UK. Mendaciously ambiguous? A discussion with the ASA might be in order.

Well they are a mobile phone company, they and the likes of BT seem to just make stuff up as they feel like it.  All I can say is that in the past when I have wanted to use the hotspot abroad it has worked, it my be nothing more that the foreign network just not detecting the tethering of course.

11 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Well they are a mobile phone company, they and the likes of BT seem to just make stuff up as they feel like it.  All I can say is that in the past when I have wanted to use the hotspot abroad it has worked, it my be nothing more that the foreign network just not detecting the tethering of course.

In the many pages of conditions and terms of use it states that if you want to use your phone as a hotspot while abroad you have to purchase a ‘Data Passport’ for £5/day. 

See under Usage Restrictions here:  http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=roaming,varset_subcat=4157,Case=obj(12332)

1 hour ago, john6767 said:

Yes, I've used mine abroad although it often seems to be only for a few minutes, presumably while the network decides that it's not a permitted activity.

On 11/03/2018 at 09:38, Dr Bob said:

12Gb for £40 is very expensive. Not sure where the better deals are but that is too much. If you are just in one country then a local sim will be a better option if the UK ones dont allow roaming.

I’ve just today done the Advance Plan deal with Three: 12Gb for £12, unlimited minutes & texts, ‘binge’, plus hotspot. However, as noted previously, no hotspot use abroad. 

15 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

And I thought big ben was busted

I heard 'Take your Pick' was coming back to the TV.....or was it the generation game? Take your pick was much better. Just getting into practice with the 'Yes/ No interlude'.......Dong Dong. Will Michael Miles be back?

Just now, Dr Bob said:

I heard 'Take your Pick' was coming back to the TV.....or was it the generation game? Take your pick was much better. Just getting into practice with the 'Yes/ No interlude'.......Dong Dong. Will Michael Miles be back?

Think its generation game. Dunno if Brucie will be presenting (is he Australian?)