I wish

Featured Posts

about this time of year I book some leave from work and go on a trip by myself. Two years ago I did the Cheshire ring, when I got to Bosley locks there was a problem and there was no water in the canal it got sorted that day and I continued my trip. 12 months later I decide to do the four counties. When I get to Bosley locks same problem. This year I check that everything is ok Bosley locks have an issue again but should be good for March 6th. So I booked some leave and get the boat ready for the off, the weather is against me this time, but I’m only planning on doing the Caulden so I should have enough time. I’m moored on the Macclesfield canal. Yesterday I chug off to Bosley lock 1 and guess what the lock has no water in it. That’s at least 3 years that there has been a issue with this flight of locks. Going the other way Marple locks are closed. I have just paid my mooring and license fees and tho only place I can cruise is up to Bugsworth,  about a day there and a day back something I’ve done many times. I’ve wasted 2 weeks leave make me want to give up and buy a caravan.

59 minutes ago, Benno 1688 said:

about this time of year I book some leave from work and go on a trip by myself. Two years ago I did the Cheshire ring, when I got to Bosley locks there was a problem and there was no water in the canal it got sorted that day and I continued my trip. 12 months later I decide to do the four counties. When I get to Bosley locks same problem. This year I check that everything is ok Bosley locks have an issue again but should be good for March 6th. So I booked some leave and get the boat ready for the off, the weather is against me this time, but I’m only planning on doing the Caulden so I should have enough time. I’m moored on the Macclesfield canal. Yesterday I chug off to Bosley lock 1 and guess what the lock has no water in it. That’s at least 3 years that there has been a issue with this flight of locks. Going the other way Marple locks are closed. I have just paid my mooring and license fees and tho only place I can cruise is up to Bugsworth,  about a day there and a day back something I’ve done many times. I’ve wasted 2 weeks leave make me want to give up and buy a caravan.

'Scuse me - but wouldn't it be more profitable if you could manage to do your cruise ore into the 'season' or even in the autumn? Just a couple of weeks can make all the difference and improve your quality of life.

It would be a shame if you abandoned the waterways and made do with a static (?) 'van...