Fiendish photo competition (or not)

magpie patrick

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Latvia?

This is the entrance lock on the only canal in Latvia, the Gauja-Daugava Canal. There were river navigations, one forming part of a route from the Baltic to the Black Sea. For Magpie's canal, is it the Monmouthshire branch off the Brecon & Newport?

1995 Podnieki.jpg

10 hours ago, Horace42 said:

Pure guess. A bit of the old Somerset Coal canal - off the K&A - Limpley Stoke area.

The question states that it is a branch of an unnavigable CRT waterway which is not the case for the SCC

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

1 hour ago, Tim Lewis said:

The question states that it is a branch of an unnavigable CRT waterway which is not the case for the SCC

Tim

As I said - a guess. So where is it then !

It's the cillybebyl branch of the Swansea Canal. The lock is the lower one at Ynysmeudwy which is just north of the junction with the branch. 

I was working at the time I took them, honest!

Pluto and Matty40s were on the right lines. I can see why others thought of the coal canal area. 

Pluto also came up with an even more unfathomable one; don't let him  set quiz questions! ;)