Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

How stumpy are you?

My worktops are nearer 900mm.

That even MORE sheets of ice!

(Methinks I was thinking of width(

17 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I was thinking about the one next to Tesco's

Kerry Katona was blocking the door. I couldn’t get in. 

8 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

1 mm is pretty sensible to me. I can't work with 1/32nd.

Its half a sixteenth of an inch actually. A Sixteenth is near as dammit 1.6mm curiously IIRC, which makes it dead easy to remember. In addition 16swg metal thickness is also 1.6mm and 1/16" How clever is that!

23 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Its REALITY innitt :) Its the UK so obviously its imperial

We quote our weight and height in Imperial

We have all road signs and distances in miles

we drive in miles per hour

In the great British pub we buy Pints or halves or thirds not silly Johny foreigner stuff

Trousers are sold by waist and leg inches

There is not enough room on this forum to list all the facts that mean we use Imperial innitt :rolleyes:

Which is precisely why I used Imperial....................what the heck is a mm? You will have me laughing in a minute telling me there are nine hundred and fourteen point four mms in one yard next!! :rolleyes:

And McDonalds still sell quarter pounders. 

On 09/03/2018 at 14:13, mrsmelly said:

When we set off this morning sun was out and there was a film of ice ( nearly ) ont canal. I would guess that it was very approximately 1/32 thick. Parked up now and only one other boat has moved all day. Absolutely fab time to be moving.

Are you officially not a hobby boater again:captain:

19 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Its half a sixteenth of an inch actually. A Sixteenth is near as dammit 1.6mm curiously IIRC, which makes it dead easy to remember. In addition 16swg metal thickness is also 1.6mm and 1/16" How clever is that!

A bit like 16 deg C and 61 deg F

21 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Are you officially not a hobby boater again:captain:

A bit like 16 deg C and 61 deg F

I am never a hobby boater, I live aboard full time!! I have been a static caravan type boater for the bloomin winter in a caravan park but have escaped now until November/December :D although at present tied up due to bloomin river level :(

I am never a hobby boater, I live aboard full time!! I have been a static caravan type boater for the bloomin winter in a caravan park but have escaped now until November/December :D although at present tied up due to bloomin river level :(

Rock on Tommy

:captain: