Simply couldnt make it up

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Ok so yes the weather has been fab the last couple of days and summer cruising has begun BUT we were moored up heard the distant sound of a LAWN MOWER and hedge trimmer!! Yep here was three of them. A bloke with the lawnmower and a grass blower and not one but two blokes with hedge trimmers :lol: In the summer when its ten feet tall no one will be cutting it lol. These fotos were taken BEFORE mower went past showing the fact there simply was NO grass anyway and the hedges were very short anyway :rolleyes: The last foto shows working bod CUTTING the grass and blowing rubbish all over boats!!

WP_20180307_10_57_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20180307_10_57_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20180307_10_57_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20180307_11_11_28_Pro.jpg

6 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Shurely shome mishtake? How did he cut what wasn't there?

That's why I put cutting in big letters to sort of highlight it!! Honest though you realy couldn't make it up could ya!! And the blower in his right arm was blowingmud and crud all over the boat as he passed :lol:

Just now, mrsmelly said:

That's why I put cutting in big letters to sort of highlight it!! Honest though you realy couldn't make it up could ya!! And the blower in his right arm was blowingmud and crud all over the boat as he passed :lol:

I daresay he needed his wages after the snow last week prevented him working, and the contractor certainly would want its fat fee from CaRT. Micro-management isn't their strong point I suppose. 

6 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I daresay he needed his wages after the snow last week prevented him working, and the contractor certainly would want its fat fee from CaRT. Micro-management isn't their strong point I suppose. 

Yes I agree. I aint knocking CART but this just shows the misuse of the term " management " as even basic management would realise today was a complete waste of time. Still such is life.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes I agree. I aint knocking CART but this just shows the misuse of the term " management " as even basic management would realise today was a complete waste of time. Still such is life.

Indeed, but the management involved here are Fountains and it is in their interest to waste the time now, as the machinery will burn less fuel when there is no grass or hedge to cut.  Thus Fountains make a bigger profit.  I also think that the CART contract says something like " mow at these intervals,  in these months", so Fountains would be failing to deliver on their contract if they didn't mow.

The fact that CART could not run the proverbial in a brewery even if someone else brought the glasses is unchanged.

N

I guess that it's all to do with sub-contractors. Some years ago I was surprised to see a bloke with a large lawn mower "mowing" a sports field on which there was standing water. The contract doubtless said that this field would be mown every Monday, or whatever, come rain (which it certainly had) or shine. If the workers were employed directly by the company or organisation, they could be transferred to other, more useful, duties at appropriate times.

2 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

Shurely shome mishtake? How did he cut what wasn't there?

No mistake I witnessed a similar situation at Ripon in January a few years ago. Three contractors cutting non-existent grass and strimming very dead weeds. They said they were contracted to cut the vegetation x times per year and that was one cut. IMO the CRT procurement team need to tighten up the contracts or suffer the criticism for wasting more money.

9 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

We had our gardener in a few weeks ago. We pay him to come 16 times a year so he does.

He still finds stuff to do during the winter months.

General gardening is different; there's no mowing or cutting back needed over winter, assuming it got done when it should in the summer and autumn, but yes a good gardener will have things to do at any time of year. I've been unable to do much since mid-November, just a little digging and weeding of my vegetable plot done when I felt well in early February, so I'll have to catch up later this month and in April.