Call for 'safety railings' along side Manchester Canals.

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Yes, especially the if they know what's going on at locks on the way into Chester. 

And the ones crossing near Chester?

They will know I have a caravan? Answer no. If you are planning a career in comedy Jim I strongly advise you don't give up the day job.

(That's just an expression btw I dont actually know if you have a day job or not).

2 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

to be fair it was around teatime and getting dark in late Feb, i was already in bother with the better half for convincing her to push on into Chester and moor near The Lock Keeper, so i wasn’t really in the mood for banter with grumpy types.

barriers are not the answer IMHO, put a barrier in front of a well-lubricated young male and his friends and all he’ll see is a challenge/climbing frame/platform to moon from, just gives them further to fall. the underlying problem is more the binge-drinking culture and nobody looking out for friends who’ve had several too many.

The last lock mentioned was approaching Chester. 

Day job, now part time, involves clowning, amongst other things. So I'll just keep on doing it. 

Edited by Jim Riley

6 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

The last lock mentioned was approaching Chester. 

Day job, now part time, involves clowning, amongst other things. So I'll just keep on doing it. 

I'm sure you make a first class Ronald....

5 minutes ago, MJG said:

I'm sure you make a first class Ronald....

Nah don't do "clown" just clowning, there is a subtle difference. 

Mind you tha can allus tell a Yorkshire man...... 

3 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Are you one of those mind numbingly boring children's entertainers?

Just now, Jim Riley said:

No. But I do get well paid to be silly. What's your excuse? 

I get paid to do nothing. Well apart from touring the uk and France.

I was clever enough to get a job that allowed me to retire at 51 on a very good pension.

Nice, I retired at 55, created my own pension, not leeching the NHS, now part time for fun and fitness, lots of work supporting a charity. You probably read about it on TB in various anti charity rants.

You looked fetching in that Mullet and nurses outfit btw. 

Edited by Jim Riley

10 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Nice, I retired at 55, created my own pension, not leeching the NHS, now part time for fun and fitness, lots of work supporting a charity. You probably read about it on TB in various anti charity rants. 

See that is what I meant I was clever enough not to have to 'create' my own pension, well apart from my own personal contributions of course.

As for the anti charity rants on thunderboat I have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by MJG

1 minute ago, MJG said:

See that is what I meant was clever enough not to have to 'create' my own pension, well apart from my own personal contributions of course.

As for the anti charity rants on thunderboat I have no idea what you are talking about.

Fair enough, off to the boat for a nice evening, I know you like to have the last word, so you can, or not. 

4 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

OK I'll bite, ........but you cant tell him much, boom, boom!

I'll get mi coat!

George

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

You looked fetching in that Mullet and nurses outfit btw. 

You added this further idiotic comment i see.

Well yes that was taken in 1977,  let's see a photo of you taken all those years ago.

And the reason I was wearing a uniform was because I was a err a nurse, i realise a man doing 'women's work' might 'trouble' some people, but your inability to grasp and process the fact that the world has moved on since the stoneage is your problem and not mine.

4 hours ago, MJG said:

You added this further idiotic comment i see.

Well yes that was taken in 1977,  let's see a photo of you taken all those years ago.

And the reason I was wearing a uniform was because I was a err a nurse, i realise a man doing 'women's work' might 'trouble' some people, but your inability to grasp and process the fact that the world has moved on since the stoneage is your problem and not mine.

My comment was purely factual, didn't claim it was a female outfit, definitely a mullet though. 

And here you go, the scary clown.... 

1682712105_polarr.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

My comment was purely factual, didn't claim it was a female outfit, definitely a mullet though. 

And here you go, the scary clown.... 

1682712105_polarr.jpg

And you commented on my look....lol

21 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

barriers are not the answer IMHO, put a barrier in front of a well-lubricated young male and his friends and all he’ll see is a challenge/climbing frame/platform to moon from, just gives them further to fall. the underlying problem is more the binge-drinking culture and nobody looking out for friends who’ve had several too many.

I've said it before …… Remove all of the safety equipment and warnings.  

Thus allowing natural selection to maintain a healthy and adequate population for this overcrowded septic isle of ours.

• Greenie 2

6 minutes ago, MJG said:

Given your posts elsewhere about personal data I find it somewhat ironic that I now know your name.

It's a bit awkward to try to have an anonymous petition though isn't it?:unsure: Interestingly it doesn't actually give you much more information since by Googling the details available from the Change.org site I still don't come up anywhere (having checked the first 30 pages). Slightly surprising given previous occupation and appearances in Court but that was five years and more ago.

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

3 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

It's a bit awkward to try to have an anonymous petition though isn't it?:unsure:

Of course, but that wasn't my point.

I've signed it, I'm Fred Bloggs in case you need to know mine.

9 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

It's a bit awkward to try to have an anonymous petition though isn't it?:unsure: Interestingly it doesn't actually give you much more information since by Googling the details available from the Change.org site I still don't come up anywhere (having checked the first 30 pages). Slightly surprising given previous occupation and appearances in Court but that was five years and more ago.

Your name is a fairly common one though. 

I have to put my name into google along with the name of a previous employer and it just about manages to bring up a reference to some obscure board meeting paper I presented.

10 minutes ago, MJG said:

Your name is a fairly common one though. 

I have to put my name into google along with the name of a previous employer and it just about manages to bring up a reference to some obscure board meeting paper I presented.

One of the bonuses of being common really?

11 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

One of the bonuses of being common really?

Still ironic none the less.

Just googled your name again and it's come up with a link to your petition and your location? 

Edited by MJG