Moorings near Leicester

Bussymcbusface

Featured Posts

Hi, I have googled and found Leicester marina, waiting list for moorings there, pilings lock, spaces but not sure my boat would pass the rule that boats must look well maintained externally!, meadow farm marina - waiting on a call back, sileby boat yard - no moorings.

So you lovely people, are there any marinas, moorings that I've missed? Anyone know of any moorings near Leicester?

Thanks in advance.

35 minutes ago, Detling said:

Is this close?  New Marina at North Kilworth

I'm not entirely sure that one's up and running yet?

33 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Proctors park, Barrow Upon Soar. They don't care what your boat looks like as long as you pay your mooring fee, you can basically do what you like on there.

Cheers will give that one a look see too.

4 hours ago, Detling said:

Is this close?  New Marina at North Kilworth

you will probably get a good price there as one of the first in, the Dunchurch Pools one offered some very good(silly) offers to fill the place at first.

Have you rung and checked that Sileby Mill have no vacancies? There are a couple free at the moment but there may be boats due to arrive. Sileby Mill is not the same as Sileby Marine they are two separate concerns https://www.silebymill.co.uk/

If they have a vacancy its a good place to moor as they look after the boats especially when the river is in flood. There are also good facilities on site, gas , water, coal, diesel, chandlery, slip way etc.

Bit further afield is Zouch Marine and East Midlands Boat Services http://eastmidlandsboatservices.com/

• 2 weeks later...