Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Peterson P

Coventry Victor HDW

Featured Posts

Hi Rdb.

Have  look at the first post in this thread by Peterson. In photo 2 and 3 you will see the priming pots circled in red.

And in photo 3 look on the top of the crankcase and there is a ring spanner laid on it, beside it is a brass button and a turnbuckle. This is the decompressor. Push the button down and the turnbuckle will lock it down.

On mine the stop lever works on the throttle/ governor arm that connects to the injection pump.

Hope that helps.

First sign of life! It started for a few seconds! To turn it off, just cut off the full? And i just realised it doesnt have a alternator.... How do u deal with this? Thnx all, couldnt have done it without you! 

Ha, got it running. Well done. As well as the gearbox to check / service there is also a transfer box at the back end. The type of oil to be used in each is indicated on the brass filler caps in small lettering. From the clips that you've posted it looks to me like there is a mounting for a dynamo chain driven from the output shaft behind the flywheel. I have a similar spare engine / gearbox configuration in storage with this attached, mounted parallel to the starter chain driven on the other side . Maybe you can adapt this for an alternator. 

If you search ' coventry victor vixen ' on the internet and select ' images ' there is an old picture of a broads cruiser engine showing the original set up with dynamo attached. There are other pictures of alternators with brackets adapted to fit on this forum. Mine is a standard Lucas unit.