Archimedes & Ara photos

Featured Posts

The Cambridgeshire railway station was also misspelled "Fulbourne"  

fulbourne(harden_cmid1960s)old3.jpg

But the Village itself has long been Fulbourn.

Which adds credence to the idea that the Town Class boats were all named after railway stations (or at least towns listed in a railway guide)!

Edited by David Mack

We understand. A sale of these craft will be considered by the current owner once people stop trying to take advantage of the siutation. The offence has nothing to do with the boats as at the time they where moored in London Paddington next the Hospital.

We have had suggestions that boats will be damaged or torched more than once. And they where damaged and parts stolen by members of the community five years ago. Identies are known and police reports made. Also peoples lives where threatened. Karoline his girl friend. Who is now married to James. 

Opinons are fine, but. Any attackes or further silliness will result in a swift and powerful use of the law if considered needed. Myself and Karoline are now very well known in the HMP world and can easily be present to bang anyone up personally on the levels. There is not a nic in the UK we can't get into. We have also been involved in documenties on prison subjects. See injusticedoc for a screening if interested.

As for James. We both visit him regulaly. As a few others do. He has become a valued person where he is. And all involved are proud of him and his mature approch. He took responsablity for what happend long ago Unlike others who are well known who where equaly involved in events at the time.

Best wishes. Marcus and Mrs Bill.  

19 minutes ago, marcusj said:

Karoline his girl friend. Who is now married to James. 

.......................... Myself and Karoline are now very well known in the HMP world and can easily be present to bang anyone up personally on the levels. There is not a nic in the UK we can't get into. We have also been involved in documenties on prison subjects. See injusticedoc for a screening if interested.

Well I guess that garbled missive means something to someone, but not me.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, magnetman said:

The person behind bars is a victim whose abuser has not been brought to justice.

Having experienced abuse doesn't give you any rights to inflict the same on innocent others. He was a multiple offender according to reports on the crime. 

15 minutes ago, BWM said:

Having experienced abuse doesn't give you any rights to inflict the same on innocent others. He was a multiple offender according to reports on the crime. 

Don't fall for what is reported in the press. Answer is no.

41 minutes ago, marcusj said:

Don't fall for what is reported in the press. Answer is no.

I'm no fan of the press but am inclined to take their word over that of a paedophile-or their fan club. 

Edited by BWM

to clarify - I wasn't supporting anyone I was just passing comment. I'm the last person who would defend this sort of thing as I know it damages people very badly (my mother was an example, sadly)

Not really an appropriate place to discuss this but unable to delete.

Edited by magnetman

2 hours ago, magnetman said:

to clarify - I wasn't supporting anyone I was just passing comment. I'm the last person who would defend this sort of thing as I know it damages people very badly (my mother was an example, sadly)

Not really an appropriate place to discuss this but unable to delete.

I wasn't referring to you and apologies for leaving you with that impression. My own mother and her two siblings all found life too much of a challenge to bear, after suffering at the hands of an abuser. 

The comments I have made are squarely aimed at the champion of Mr Bill, who may be naive, but in my opinion the lack of children in the adult prison system would be unlikely to have tested his resolve. 

• 2 years later...
On 04/03/2018 at 22:58, David Schweizer said:

I remember when Ara was paired with Aynho on the GU Piling runs in the 1960's. Crewed by Billy Brown and Dolly Dakin plus hordes of children, they were possibly the scruffiest pair of boats on the system.

They did not Chang much did you know them

9 hours ago, Michele Dakin said:

They did not Chang much did you know them

From your name I assume that you are a relative of Dolly, I knew knew Bill and Dolly quite well, they passed our moorings quite regularly on piling runs, I seem to also remember them carrying replacement Lock Gates from Bulbourne. I also have a vauge recollection of Ken Dakin when he worked for Willow Wren. I moved to Birmingham in 1971 and never saw any of them again, although I did meet John Dakin at Cowley back in 1998 when he was working on a maintenance gang for BW, at the time he told me that Dolly was living in Harefield.