best paint sprayer

johnhoward

Featured Posts

I know nothing about the merits of paint sprayers, but suggest you clarify the currency. This is a UK based forum but you mention 500$; did you mean pounds, or if dollars, did you mean US$ or one of the many other types of dollars?

Airless spray is the best for 2 pack so good for painting a boat.....but general outdoor jobs! Have you ever tried to clean an airless spray system up before putting it away? It is not for small jobs. Hire or borrow one to paint the boat, or get a professional in to do it.:)

I found a sprayer very useful for applying coats of red oxide (or whatever it's called these days) before fitting out. 

I'd never use one for outside; I much prefer the hand-painted look.

Can't remember the make.  I think I bought it from Machine Mart.

IMG_8092.jpg

2 hours ago, koukouvagia said:

I found a sprayer very useful for applying coats of red oxide (or whatever it's called these days) before fitting out. 

I'd never use one for outside; I much prefer the hand-painted look.

Can't remember the make.  I think I bought it from Machine Mart.

IMG_8092.jpg

But that is not airless, with airless get it wrong and you lose fingers or worse

9 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

But that is not airless, with airless get it wrong and you lose fingers or worse

Ah yes.  Didn't read the OP properly.  Mind you, the one illustrated did the job very well.

I've used an Apollo HVLP (high volume low pressure) warm air spray kit, got excellent results.

Very little overspray, quick drying.

But not cheap these days.

Edited by Chop!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, johnhoward said:

Good info, thank you.

To the anonymous "Guest" who reported this thread as being "Spam": firstly, we don't think that it is, so we are leaving it open; secondly, as you are not a member, could you please explain what business it is of yours?

36 minutes ago, Athy said:

Good info, thank you.

To the anonymous "Guest" who reported this thread as being "Spam": firstly, we don't think that it is, so we are leaving it open; secondly, as you are not a member, could you please explain what business it is of yours?

I'm bored again.....

Could it be that the OP by Johnhoward was a bit short on detail and also use $ as a unit of cash......and then didnt come back to answer any of the comments, which btw did contain some useful comments....but the re-appeared 11 days later with a link (and only a link) to a site selling airless spray equipment, again with no comments? Johnhowards lack of discussion on the points raised would tend to point he is not interested in getting an answer to his OP. Maybe the 'guest' was one of his competitors?

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Do you think so? Why? I would say it's's a useful discussion thread, and it isn't trying to sell a product.

The discussion is good - but when a new member posts a single loaded question with no sincere detail, then sits back for 11 days while a discussion ensues, and then posts a single link to an advert - that is SPAM! 

3 minutes ago, WJM said:

The discussion is good - but when a new member posts a single loaded question with no sincere detail, then sits back for 11 days while a discussion ensues, and then posts a single link to an advert - that is SPAM! 

I suppose you could call it that if that was what he'd done, which it isn't. Obviously you haven't read the link: it is to a comparison site (rather like Whichj? over here) on which various brands are discussed and assessed.

Just now, Athy said:

I suppose you could call it that if that was what he'd done, which it isn't. Obviously you haven't read the link: it is to a comparison site (rather like Whichj? over here) on which various brands are discussed and assessed.

Do try to keep up - it is a brand new and incomplete comparison site, probably a prototype. The OP owns the site. 

4 minutes ago, WJM said:

Do try to keep up.

Do try to be less condescending. I have been keeping up with this thread, as evidenced by my contributions to it.

How do you know that John Howard owns the web site? The reviews were written by Bilal Sikander, but there';s no mention of Mr. Howard that I can see.

Edited by Athy

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Do try to be less condescending. I have been keeping up with this thread, as evidenced by my contributions to it.

How do you know that John Howard owns the web site? The reviews were written by Bilal Sikander, but there';s no mention of Mr. Howard that I can see.

Who is Mr. Howard?

Domain Name: AIRLESSPAINTSPRAYERPRO.COM
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2017-12-27T17:36:31Z
Creation Date: 2017-12-16T14:32:01Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-12-16T14:32:01Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Name Server: DNS1.NAMECHEAPHOSTING.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAMECHEAPHOSTING.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

Just now, Athy said:

Now I KNOW you're winding us up!

It is a brand new and incomplete site on a really cheap budget server service. The OP is merely trying to drive traffic onto his site in the hope that it will gain momentum and become functional. If this thread had 'I AM SPAM' written in the headline it wouldn't make it any more obvious.

7 minutes ago, WJM said:

It is a brand new and incomplete site on a really cheap budget server service. The OP is merely trying to drive traffic onto his site in the hope that it will gain momentum and become functional. If this thread had 'I AM SPAM' written in the headline it wouldn't make it any more obvious.

I'm with WJM. Its an american site ( talks about gallons, pints, feet etc) and the orginal  poster mentioned $? He DIDNT enter into any discussion. Very suspicious. I was thinking the OP was employed by the top sprayer mentioned ...but WJM's angle is probably more likely. If it was a 'real' thread then Mr Howard would have commented on one or more of the posts....even to say thankyou.